Evoque Owners Club banner

delays and updates

13K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  dentaid 
#1 ·
Hi Guys/Girls
I am a new member and have been reading the stories of your frustrations and problems with deliveries of the Evoque.
I only ordered mine 5 weeks ago so no complaints on my behalf.
However, I decided to write to Autoexpress and convey all of your/my unhappy positions re dely and feedback
I know some of you Evoque purchasers have received their Evoques on time, but a number are still waiting and unhappy with the service from both LR and their dealers
I have not received a dealer confirmation yet that LR are accepting my order and am planning myself that the build may happen in June /July to be on the safe side!
Autoexpress are considering picking up this subject and may be able to add some leverage to resolving or at least ensuring the dealer is given factual delivery date
Fingers Xd
Regards,

See less See more
#2 ·
Great idea! It will be interesting what LR's response will be if an article is published.

#5 ·
The article was published in Autocar and I believe it was prompted by a discussion on another forum.

Mikey is on about contacting Auto Express, the greater the press interest is, it may lead to JLR being a little more open regarding current production issues.

Edited by: Evo-king

#6 ·
I think the real issue is lack of information from LR. The dealers arepretty useless in contacting their customers proactively butsimply do not have any more information than the ordering system ("Vista") is telling them and it keeps changing. Meanwhile, LR have production problems which are usually put down to "Parts Shortages" andare a sign of a Just-in-Time delivery system which isn't working and a policy to single-source components which is fine in, for example, sharing development costs with the supplier but which lets you down if the supplier can't then meet your demand for their product.

There have of course been a couple of serious problems - a very tragic accident in the press shopin which one worker, Graham Begley, lost his life and of course we are hugely sympathetic to his family, friends and colleagues. Then there was a fire at the instrument panel supplier who assembles the entire panel offline and delivers it to the main production line in the order in which the cars are being produced. I joked, at the time, that this had lead to the introduction of three new interior colours - charcoal, burned orange and creme brulee...

That apart, there seems to be a general problem of getting the right parts to the line on time. There are 1500 DHL worker bees on sitecharged with doing that and they can only doit if the parts show up. Iexpect DHL with their shipping experience may well have been contracted to fill the entire gap from shipping bay at the supplier wherever they are in the world to the racks of parts behind the production workers on the line in Halewood.When I visitied Halewood though, the entire line had stopped for some reason for about 15 minutes. If you think of the factory gate value of an Evoque is, say, £25k (before dealer margin and VAT), that's a loss of £300k production...

The line time is down to just 70 seconds - the entire build process divided into those tiny time slots which, if they worked 18 hours a day on two shifts would suggest 900+ cars. Some say they are achieving 500 on a good day but the admission in amemo from LR management to dealers which conveniently landed in my email inbox was that production had not ramped up as fast as they expected.

There are reports of transporter loads of the cars heading down the A34 to Southampton for export and pehaps one of the reasons for the delays is LR trying to keep the plates spinning in every market. By trying to service every market, they are all being made to wait.

Makes you wonder what demand for the car would be like worldwide if it was in free supply...
Edited by: mark_n

#7 ·
Just chased my dealer up with my fortnightly call (nothing from them telling me what is going on). Original build date 11/11 then 12/1 and now come into 16/12. He won't promise anything until the car actually lands but is hopeful of pre-christmas. He says many dates coming in slightly but still later than originally.

#8 ·
Hi all can anyone tell me why it takes over a month to deliver a car into the dealer? I should of been picking my car up next week but have now found out my build date has moved to the 16/12 but car not being delivered to the dealer until the 19/01. I recon I could walk from halewood to my house in Birmingham in less time unless they are taking it via china. I know the factory closes for a couple of weeks over Christmas but given the problems theyre having I'm sure they could offer over time and stay open to get cars out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.