Evoque Owners Club banner

Has your Evoque been on schedule, delayed or arrived early?

• Delayed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • On schedule

• Early

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 244 Posts

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought it would be good if we could get an overall view of the order status & delivery dates with the Evoque.

I'm going to do a new poll next for all those with delays asking how long you've been delayed?

·
Registered
55 Posts
LR won't order my my car due to shortage of parts,deposit was paid in June,it's now November, so I can't say if it's delayed,on time or early

Wrecka.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Took delivery of mine 6 weeks ago - 2 weeks early. Deposit 16 months earlier, 14th on 'waiting list' but 1st to fully spec.

·
Registered
118 Posts
On my sixth delivery date - now slipped by 8 - 10 weeks to mid January. I don't expect it to be the last. Used the slipped delivery to make a late colour change (would have been quite happy with my original choice of silver)but other than that, it's been the most dismal buying experience of my life.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Early for me,Ordered in April, estimated delivery October 28th, delivered to dealer end of September, took delivery on 4th October,

·
Registered
20 Posts
I voted 'on time' but we put our deposits down on two LRXs in September 2008 and at the time LR couldn't even tell us if they were going to build it. The estimate then was for late 2010-early 2011 if they decided to go ahead and build the car. When we confirmed our specs in mid-March this year we were told to expect the cars around beginning of September and they turned up in September.

I must say that over the 3 years we were kept informed as to what was going on at the different stages of the project and were very well looked after at all stages by LR and our local dealer (Guy Salmon in Knutsford). These two are our 5th pair of Landrovers so that might have helped ..... a very senior LR person did give us his mobile phone number at the launch of the LRX and told us to call if we ever had any problems but we have never needed to.

For us it was a really excellent buying experience but that may have been helped by the fact that I come from a product development background so I fully appreciate the hurdles that LR are going through on a daily basis and therefore our expectations were always on the 'cautious' side. Picking the two cars up was a very special thing given that we had 'lived with' the LRX for such a long time and they have definitely not disappointed. We have two more on order for March to take advantage of the high residuals and the fact that when we spec'd the cars we didn't really know what colours were going to be best, etc.

For those waiting and feeling disappointed by the delays I would say 'hang in there it will be well worth it'. We waited 3 years and I will admit that it was quite difficult in the last 3 months as we were both getting more and more excited by the prospect of actually getting our hands on them.

Another thing I would say, and it may be an old fashioned view but I also feel good about having contributed to the local economy!

·
Registered
134 Posts
ordered mine in June expected in Nov , however no vin no yet !!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi All

So after several phone calls this week (them calling me not the other
way round) I have been asked to go to the dealership for 10:30 in the
morning to pick up our 5 door SD4 Auto Prestige with Pan roof.

I have to say I'm excited, but wont be surprised if I get a phonecall
telling me all bets are off. Still loving the FREE(lander) they have
loaned us for the past 3 weeks but not sure how much of this is because
it hasnt cost us a bean.

So you never know I might just been an evoque owner by this time tomorrow.

·
Registered
134 Posts
spoke to my dealer yesterday within 2 weeks mines here fingers crossed !!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sad to say i am delayed. Had 3 order dates sept, oct then november. I dont think its being delayed that wouldve bothered me had i known what was going on. Its just been phone call after phonecall. Going into my dealers. In fact i should be invited to the dealership christmas party, ive been there that much. Phonecalls never get returned. I have rang constantly customer relations. It just gets draining and frustrating. No answers, excuses. Now people are saying they have got courtesy cars, i sold my car 3 months ago, as i didnt want to keep my buyer waiting. A courtesy car was never offered. Also people have had luxury hampers and 150.00 worth of vouchers. Not me....... not a thing...... if i didnt love this car soooo much i wouldve cancelled my car..... Thing is who do you moan too noone listens so i thought i would have a go on here..... WHY NOT? xx

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, I spoke to my dealer yesterday about making a change to the spec and he told me that the car had been given a build date of Jan 9th and delivery date of Feb the 9th to Murcia, Spain. Originally when ordered at the end of Oct 2011 I was told March 2012 delivery. I just hope these new dates are true as we're expecting our first baby in March and it would be a bonus to have the car all sorted with baby seat etc.

----
Ordered: 2x4 Pure in white, 5 door, Tech Pack, Sun roof plus various other extras

·
Registered
3 Posts
My vehicle is delayed by just under a month, so in the grand scheme of things, although not brilliant, I'm OK with it. Got a Freelander 2 HSE now so quite happy to be running around in that until my SD4 Dynamic + LUX pack arrives soon...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Put my deposit down in June, LR accepted my order in July and was told end Oct/ Nov but still no build date. It's the not knowing which is worst. The dealer has been ok, however I think it's LR not bothering to let people know what's going on. There does seem to be a feeling of "not bothered as it sells itself", shame!!! The dealer has offered us £150 voucher which they said could always be used to "spec up" the car if wanted.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I think you might have been mislead with those dates, like you i placed a deposit in June too and was told Jan to March 2012. This is no problem to me, it would just be nice to know when i might get a car to assist future planning. Its now almost december and i dont think my actual confirmed factory order has gone in from the dealer.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Original due date 2 November. Changed to end of December. Got a call today - it's here!! Totally confused but can't wait to see it!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think I have been pretty lucky. Saw the car at the end of August, ordered it with a delivery date of November 11 ( a different dealer said March at least), moved to end Jan and then today had a call saying it will arrive pre-Christmas. Can't complain too much as even though it is later than planned it is still earlier than if I had gone through the other dealer. Let's see.

Dynamic, Firenze Red, Verve, Pano and Lux Pack.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been told that my Evoque should be here next week Friday. I will post some pic.<h1 id="fullPageMainTitle" style="margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; vertical-align: line; font-size: 1.66em; line-height: 1; color: rgb51, 51, 51; width: 770px; font-family: Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; ">RANGE ROVER EVOQUE 2.2 SD4 DYNAMIC 3DR AUTOLUX PACK</h1>

1 - 20 of 244 Posts