Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our dealer just confirmed a delay on the build of our Evoque. It's not that troubling for us anyway, as we expected a December build, and a January delivery. Indeed we had already decided that if the delivery slipped beyond the beginning of January, we would wait for a "12" registration.

The dealer blamed:

1. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-15083588the fatal accident at the plant (a very sad event, our thoughts go out to the family) has led to a increase in safety, with a resultant knock-on in productivity.

2. Improvements in quality control - apparently there have been some QC issues on recenty builds, leading to LR increasing the QC process, and again reducing productivity.

I have to say, I would rather the staff at LR are not at risk, and that my Evoque is issue-free...even if it does take a bit longer to arrive

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fed up asking dealer about delivery. Deposit paid back in June, and pissed off yesterday to find out my car order has not even left the dealer. Originally told September and now being told Feb/ March.
I am having to go asking !!! No-one contacts me. Very disappointed in LR.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi there, i ordered mine in feb. nightmare. Landrover are not the best at customer service. i have spent hours on the phone, both to dealer and customer relations. spent my days off at dealers. i have ate ,drank slept, worked landrover. I have been given 3 dates. I have sold my car months ago and i am hopping at the mo. you can spend 120.00 on your shopping, order it, have a delivery slot of 2 hours and its on time. This is beyond a joke you spend thousands and they havnt got a clue. Think they need to get act together or at least put some money and time into customer service........

·
Registered
118 Posts
I am on my seventh delivery date, the latest my dealer blaming on my decision to change the colour after a 10 week slip. Now 13 weeks late compared to the earliest of those dates. LR are a shambles and the UK market is being starved of cars.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
bizzynemo said:
Hi there, i ordered mine in feb. nightmare. Landrover are not the best at customer service. i have spent hours on the phone, both to dealer and customer relations. spent my days off at dealers. i have ate ,drank slept, worked landrover. I have been given 3 dates. I have sold my car months ago and i am hopping at the mo. you can spend 120.00 on your shopping, order it, have a delivery slot of 2 hours and its on time. This is beyond a joke you spend thousands and they havnt got a clue. Think they need to get act together or at least put some money and time into customer service........

Have you told them you've sold your car already? Have they offered you anything?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I talked with my dealer this morn, only got two in this week still saying feb 2012 for mine never even offered me 150 that some have got on here so I'm just hanging in there and waiting for my motor like some more folk are doing if it's rite LR is working 24/7 then why so many delays still I don't now but still I know one day I will get my motor.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Landrover knew weeks ago i had sold my car, however i do now have a courtesy car. Its a fiat punto, 11 years old. To be honest a pile of crap. I take my life into my hands when i drive it. Maybe im sounding like a brat, and im honestly not. AND YES i should be grateful. but when i picked it up it was filthy had half a back garden in it and its been driven into the ground......... Im just not happy to be honest. Last week was told it was on transporter. now its just come off production line. probably for the fourth time. All i want is a date. People have said to me that i may as well wait until march for next plate. Which i am thinking now. I know i am one of quite a few.... its soooooo frustrating........

·
Registered
219 Posts
That sounds exactly like when i got my mini cooper back in 2001, one of the first customer cars. It was on a transporter, it was not built, it was in a compound, it was not built.

It all meant i sold my car to a local trader for £100 more than BMW had offered me part ex knowing my mini would arrive the next day (or so the dealer told me) it was 3 weeks til it eventually turned up and it took me 2 of those weeks to get a loan car off BMW.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi There

I put down my deposit on a Pure TD4 in May, just after the prices were announced in the UK. At first I was chasing my dealer regularly, but then came tounderstand that my sales repknows very little, and does not seem to know what is going on. He is always very apologetic, offers to answer all my questions and to keep me informed. He is a nice enough guy, but so far has not been able to offer me a build date or accept a firm order.

Yesterday, I had a ( standard ) letter from the manager ofmy local dealership. It stated that I had previously expressed an interest in buying a veicle, and could I update them on my plans by completing an enclosed questionaire. Concerned that I was not even in the 'queue' for a build slot, I rang my salesrep immediately.

Heapologized, andsaid that productionof the Evoque had been impacted by a shortage of parts and( I quote ) 'a software glitch that had stopped the line for three and a half weeks.' He said,no Evoques were built inOctober, but that now everything was back on track as planned.

He also said that I would be recieving a letterfrom LandRover in the near future, explaining what was going on, why mycar was delayedandoffering something to make upfor the inconvenience. He did not want to be specific or provide any more details on what the letter would include.

FortunatelyI am not in a hurry for thisvehicle, as I have another car at my disposal. However, beingnew to the brand, this is certainly not what I expected, and the stories I hear just get more and more unbelievable.I would never have imagined such a 'shaggy dog story' relating to my experiences of trying to buy a Range Rover.

Cheers

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well david it doesnt get any better. I am near to a year since ordering. same thing nice enough salesman but doesnt have a scooby doo whats happening. I am however in touch with customer relations, who dont know much more. I have been chasing them for months now. my original date was end sept. then end oct, then mid nov, then definately end december. Today i am told mid december. I have now told them to keep it and i will have it 1st march on next plate. I didnt want to do this but at least im not going through what i am now. I never have had a landrover before and ive always had new cars, and never have i experienced such bad customer service. T hey dont know there arse from there elbows. and couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery....... Apparently you get theatre tickets, a luxury hamper or a bunch of flowers and chocs...... if you are lucky....... best of luck with it all....... This car is lush though or i wouldve told them where they could stick it.........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts