Evoque Owners Club banner

DEF adblue question

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Past Master 
#1 ·
Probably on here somewhere but my search didnt reveal the answer.

What is the average mileage done on a litre of DEF?

I know the tank holds 14lts and I know I've got 2200 miles left so how much could I top up without over filling?

Be a lot easier if the car gave you a capacity reading instead of a miles left one.

#3 ·
I once wrote down what range I had after having it refilled by the dealer (after problems because I overfilled it). It showed 12.000 KM. I however think this will depend a lot on your driving style, if your driving only short distances (for me it was quite common to drive about 200KM on a working day) and the quality of diesel (I always use Shell)

Reactions: Andy.M
#7 ·
I think it's on here somewhere but the general concensus with the pre MY20 models seems to be to wait until the dash display tells you to fill up the DEF and then put 10 litres in.

That's what I do and have had no problems so far.

The dash display on my MY16 initially says DEF low (or similar) then at about 1000km/miles it changes to Fill the DEF. I've not let it go beyond this point but understand that it then starts to countdown until such time as you can't start the car because there's no DEF in the tank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.