Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok lets not bore you with theclassroom stuff

I'll start off with the techy stuff - what impressed me the most

The merdian Hi Fi systems in bothstandard and option of 850 watt are truly awesome, if you guys have High end audio equipment or top spec surround sound systems at home you will know exactly what i mean!!
I am confident you will agree once you take delivery and start getting used to your new toy

Whats on offer?

You get USB playback with audio as well as DVD and bluetooth audio streaming from your I-phone

Gracenote technology to recognise your albums and track titles

Throw in a DVD into the CD slot your passenger can watch thenlisten via white fire headphones while you listen to you favorite album while keeping an eye on your SAT NAV

Virtual CD autochanger " copy your favorite CD's to the hard drive then call them up via the voice control systems " SAY WHAT YOU SEE VOICE CONTROL"

Voice control also works with Radio , CD and your bluetooth phone intergration as well as your Nav system - it works so good very fast and responsive....you can even train the voice control to recordyour own instructions to opereate certain functions............well cool

Listen to your music via your I-phone or blackburry while still having full function of the bluetooth phone , why not stream your video at the same time!

It's a bit like I-pad on the move! cool and relevant in today's fast paced world don't forget the evoque is and will be future proof in terms of forward technology and innovation

What it looks like in the flesh?

Much better than any photograph will ever be!

Nothing like it on the planet i cannot wait for you guys to take delivery you will have people turning aroundin the street and looking for months!...we did today even a chap at a set of traffic lights in his bentley covertible snapped a few shots as we passed......loved that!

The drive ?

More than impressed this is the smallest Range Rover Ever it may be a pretty car but is has balls the size of cocconuts it has pressence on the road you are definatley in something special no matter what derivate you go for

View out of the rear window?

It's not very high and little difference between 3 or 5 door option

With the rear window being quite wide it's more like a panoramic letter box type view...the large door mirrors make up for this I found using the door mirrors a little more than normal due to the massive amount of view to what's behind you

Engine choice?

The 150ps Manual performedbetter than expected with enough response when needed quiet too

190ps ofcourse a bit more grunt under the bonnet

The Si4 sounded bloody great under heavy foot throttle and does fly along but found the SD4 and TD4 havingbetter low end torque

I think the preffered engine choices will defo be the TD4 and SD4 derivatives

Auto or manual?

Umm down to taste really...both drive great the manual option is tight and short in the gear changes which gives it a sportier feel.....auto is just plain lazy....bit like an old sofa....comfy and smooth

I would not go down the route .....what should derivative you shouldhave as this vehicle is down to personal choice....all derivates on the road will have presence and make the driving experience an exicting place to be

This leaves me with a few un answered questions before we get to some pictures

Is this a Freelander?

No it is not 90% of the Evoque has been designedfrom new and is unique

Is this a proper Range Rover? ok it's the smallest and lightest RR ever

Yes it is - it ozzzzesss class it's a very special place to be once inside...the car and driver are totally in tune with each other you are in command and the evoque responds well the driver in all it's techy features and driving inputs and responses

Does it tick all the box's?

Is it desirable ? YES

Is it relavant to todays innovative world? YES

Should you buy one ? DEFINALTEY

Is it a land rover?

Yes it is...... the Evoque hasLand Rover DNA - the following pix will prove this in terms of breadth of capability this car is by no means a pretty soft roader as i have said it got balls the size of coconuts

Lined up at our hotel

Found the Stornoway grey to be attractive in the Dynamic option....suprised me

Pure in Indus Silver

The Evoque in action on the Terrapod

Putting a face to the name it's me!

Pan Roof.....truly awesome gotta have it

Off Road Course could not take pix on the bumpy stuff as could not keep the camera Still!

One massive drop below..........can't see it!

sh*te now I can!

Dials turned red after selecting dynamic mode

Stornoway dynamic still caught my eye!

Now some bits to calm us down

view from out restaraunt in Central London

Me again....a few sherberts later

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Closing Summary " for those who have ordered one you will not be dissapointed "
September cannot come quick enough

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thanks for the write-up and the pictures, the red on red is something to behold... Personally, I find the silver rear bumper insert a bit in-your-face which is one reason why I have gone for a silver car; otherwise, I'd be tempted to have it painted dark silver/grey/black.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mortz,

Great pictures, looks like you had a really good time! Love the feature of the dials turning red when you change mode!

Regards

Nick

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mortz,
Fantastic - thank you. Bring on delivery!!

The detail on the Meridian system and all the ipod / bluetooth AV streaming is just what I wanted to hear!!

Can't wait - even if it is my Wife's car!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Mortz

I thought Stornoway grey was unavailable. Are those vehicles featured in Stornoway or Orkney Grey? I attended the Aberdeen Evoque Unleashed event and was also pleasantly surprised by whatever Grey was on show. I have ordered a Pure SD4 in Fudji White with 20" alloys (to enhance the sporty appearanceof the white car). I am now thinking of changing to Grey with 19" alloys - for 2 reasons:
Grey appears to suit the the style of the 19" wheel as White does with the 20".

Will the 19" wheels provide a more comfortable drive?

Your views would be very welcome as I have not seen any Pure model in the flesh, let alone a Grey one.

Cheers

Deeker

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Deeker said:
Mortz

I thought Stornoway grey was unavailable. Are those vehicles featured in Stornoway or Orkney Grey? I attended the Aberdeen Evoque Unleashed event and was also pleasantly surprised by whatever Grey was on show. I have ordered a Pure SD4 in Fudji White with 20" alloys (to enhance the sporty appearanceof the white car). I am now thinking of changing to Grey with 19" alloys - for 2 reasons:
Grey appears to suit the the style of the 19" wheel as White does with the 20".

Will the 19" wheels provide a more comfortable drive?

Your views would be very welcome as I have not seen any Pure model in the flesh, let alone a Grey one.

Cheers

Deeker

Hi Deeker,

To be fair I'd have always say go for 20's purely for the look... but gotta say after seeing the 19's

They look just a nice

Stornoway grey is not available the pictures you see are pre-production models and would have had been painted prior to the paint issue's

Hope that clears any confusion
Cheers

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks and no worries
.......anyone who as ordered or yet to order will not be dissapointed !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Morning Mortz,

Excellent review.

Have you got any more pictures of this one?

I assume its a Pure variant, and its in the colour I'm thinking of after white. Just want to see what the Pure grill colour looks like with the grey?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
kevoque said:
Hi mortz,
Looks a good couple of days
Cheers for the pics and the info !!
Kev

Hi Kev,

Great speaking to you today...good luck with your choice of spec....even though your brain is now fried

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HA54SYM said:
Morning Mortz,

Excellent review.

Have you got any more pictures of this one?

I assume its a Pure variant, and its in the colour I'm thinking of after white. Just want to see what the Pure grill colour looks like with the grey?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Hi Dave...don't have a pic of the pure grill...however the grill is shall we say is lighter than the dynamic this being black... the pure being a shade of grey hope this helps?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi mortz
Cheers for taking time out and having a chat yesterday was much appreciated but head now like a pack of broken biscuits !!! So decided to give landrover a call and booked Manchester for Thursday just to mince it up even more !!! Cheers for the help !!! Good to speak to you !!
Kev

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
kevoque said:
Hi mortz
Cheers for taking time out and having a chat yesterday was much appreciated but head now like a pack of broken biscuits !!! So decided to give landrover a call and booked Manchester for Thursday just to mince it up even more !!! Cheers for the help !!! Good to speak to you !!
Kev

Pmsl ...no worries

·
Registered
134 Posts
hi Mortz
great pics by the way , just wondering do you have any pics of teh Pure in white 5 door ? there is an image of the silver you had taken and i had chosen the same alloys 19's :)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
evoq1 said:
hi Mortz

great pics by the way , just wondering do you have any pics of teh Pure in white 5 door ? there is an image of the silver you had taken and i had chosen the same alloys 19's :)

Sorry Evoq1..... I don't have a pic that your need

Try www.landrover.co.uk then spec your colour/derivative via the choose your option

I know itwon't look the same as the picture's I have posted
Edited by: Mortz

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Mortz,

Great pictures, many thanks for putting them up.

Would you to be able to comment on the stiffness of a non-magneride car with 20" wheels? Is it much harder than with 19" wheels?

Many thanks,

Alex

1 - 20 of 26 Posts