Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
I test drove inDecember andinformed May delivery, I confirmed my order a few days later with £1,000 deposit, the salesman I had seen was on a course, the one Idealt withdid not seem willing to give me a delivery date. After reading this forum I emailed dealers to ask if it is stillestimated 6 month wait and number in waiting pool I am, I had no reply. Sent emailfor informationagain, I was told admin would download numbers and I would be informed, but still no information. Since placing my deposit I have decided to go for 20 inch wheels and Lux pack total cost £43,888 which is a lot of money. When I email I now feel I am being a nuisance.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have used Marshalls in Cambridge - ordered at the beginning of November, and popped in yesterday so missus could look at a Freelander 2 - sales guy recognised us both and our names and what I was going to trade in even after 4 months, very impressed. Still he must have thought it was his lucky day as the missus brought a brand new Freelander 2 HSE TD4 while she was there....still they chucked in free scotchguarding on my Evoque when it arrives as a thank you!
However - I find its the service side of the dealership that needs to be really good...

·
Registered
468 Posts
Have ordered my Evoque from Hillendale in Burnley. Superb service so far can't do enough for me. Superb service so far, hope it continues.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Emailed Hunters Southampton to tell them I decided to include Lux Pack and ask about waiting trime again, they replied prombtly but still ignored question of waiting time, they asked if I was interested in cancelled order they had mentioned before atmore thencost of spec included. I have now emailed sales manager for information, I added that salesman is helpful and polite but I require estimated wait time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
quick mick said:
Emailed Hunters Southampton to tell them I decided to include Lux Pack and ask about waiting trime again, they replied prombtly but still ignored question of waiting time, they asked if I was interested in cancelled order they had mentioned before atmore thencost of spec included. I have now emailed sales manager for information, I added that salesman is helpful and polite but I require estimated wait time.
Who are you dealing with down there? I ordered back in Sept (due 20th March) and they've been really good all along. Told me what position I was in the holiding queue (21 at the time in Oct) then I got an email and call right before Xmas explaining my order had been uploaded and a rough mid-end of March window. Date confirmed a couple of weeks back.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I first emailed Hunters on this subjest after your reply to my post,Jon my salesman was not aware of numbers given out, I added member of forum happy with service. The above post was responses I have got.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi
I have ordered my Evoque from Land Rover in Chipperfield, near Kings Langley. I recommend the sales man Ray Barnett absolutely brilliant, he's been very patient with me and went through everything explaining all the differences and when I called him yesterday to ask if mine had been ordered he spent time on the phone with me and he's always got back to me and if I pop in the garage he makes time to chat with me and my husband I've certainly never felt that we didn't matter.
I would certainly not order from somewhere I already have a bad feeling about.
good luck

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hunters Southampton Latest, Yesterday Emailed manager, No reply, phoned managerand gotanswer phone, left message for him to call mebut no response. Tempted to cancel but have been on list since December and will have longer wait if I order from another dealer, if no reply by Sunday will pay them a visit next week for explanation.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hunters Southampton.
Received email today to tell mehow many cars ordered,will let me know allocation for Feb when they have it and willhave better idea if June delivery is realistic. That is all I wanted to know,should not take several emails and call to manager to get this information.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi all, am a newbie to the forum, but have to agree with Willand and Jake.
I ordered my Evoque from Hillendale via Kirsti, and she has been nothing less than brilliant. Ordered November and told end of March. Now seems it is going on the line on 27th Feb and delivery 2weeks after (if all goes to plan).
Recommend Hillendale all the way

·
Registered
468 Posts
Thanks Bodlyfunctions. Hope mine comes early to. Ordered Jan with a June Delivery date.
Prestigue SD4, Havanna, Ivory and Expresso, Adaptive Xennons, Auto dimming mirror, spare wheel

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ordered mine from farnells in Bradford in September at the time they advised that delivery would be March which was fine by me as I told them I didn't need it until April. They've now confirmed build is 2 march which incidentally is the date I'm visiting the Halewood factory so might get to see it being built and it's expected at dealers on 29 march. No complaints with the dealer they've been very helpful and kept me informed and I hear they've won the coveted LR dealer of the year award.

·
Registered
208 Posts
SINGHY said:
No complaints with the dealer they've been very helpful and kept me informed and I hear they've won the coveted LR dealer of the year award.

Apparently they were the only ones who answered the phone when LR rang round to see who wanted to enter!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've odered through Stratstone's in Newport, South Wales. The sales man there has been very chatty and helped me decide between manual and auto as well as helping ensure I have a good combination of extras. I found the Newport Stratstone dealership to be far more customer friendly.

I had been to the Cardiff branch pior to this and despite being a Stratstone dealer again, I experienced much the same levels of indifferent service that others have in this thread. On one visit I made I had to ask to speak to someone despite obviously hanging about in the showroom for 20 minutes. I had the opportunity to buy the showroom car in the Cardiff one (right time right place) but was pressured into putting down a deposit and signed up to their finance PCP. The car worked out to be too expensive for ne and I decided to back out and wait till after Christmas to order something more affordable and to my spec. It took 3 weeks to get my deposit back despite phone calls and promises of returning my call. I ended up going in and demanding it was credited back to my card. Decided that if they couldn't care less about me I wasn't going to order my new one through that dealership and I haven't (even though it's Stratstones again in Newport - they have the market sewn up in South Wales!).

Like others have said, if they are trying to attract a new sort of buyer to the brand JLR need to buck up their ideas. As already stated, many of us have never spend so much on a car before but it seems they are more used to cars costing a lot more and that 30-45K is peanuts money.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I would suggest Likes in Hay-on-Wye. Recommended to me by friends, and a member from another forum.

I had the same awful service in Cardiff and went elsewhere also.

·
10,626 Posts
Good to see you multi tasking there Linda.

Where did Mortz hail from, wasn't he a S Wales sales rep?

Surely they're OK.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Well hello!!

I think Mortz worked in Swansea, an area I rarely visit.Worth checking out if I buy another LR, as I have not heard any reports at all on the Swansea dealership.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re Swansea: Having decided to go for an Evoque, instead of a Mercedes SLK, [Yes a big change, I hear you say] my first dealership visit was to Stratstones in Swansea, whilst en-route to collect friends from the airport in their car..... a small Chevrolet Tacuma people carrier. The staff must have decided my choice of transport meant I did not Have-a-pot-to-piss-in and totally ignored me for the twenty minutes that I examined and sat in two Evoques, before walking out. I subsequently went to Cambrian Aberystwyth and ordered a high spec. Havana / tan Evoque for June delivery from staff who could not have been more helpful or professional. Stratstones loss.... Cambrians gain!

·
Registered
186 Posts
That's helpful to know, thanks.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts