Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

The fact that I am no longer a slient observer of the forum, can only mean one thing... I can stop kidding myself and place an order for my new Evoque
However, before I do I wanted to pick your collective brains...

To date I have had pretty lousy pre-sales service from the dealership I have been visiting in Buckinghamshire...non returned calls / ignored in the show room, on more than one visit/ salesman turning up 20 minutes late for the (pre booked) test drive / salesman failing to arrange a manual (requested 2 weeks ahead) of test drive / no sign of quote that was promised 5 days ago...

I know we have picked a popular car which is much in demand, but I have never spent this much on a car and would at least like the dealer to pretend my business means something to them. My concern is if this is their pre-sales service, it will only get worse when I have placed my order or got the car... As such I will be looking at other dealers..

Realise this could be opening Pandora's box, and anaming and shaminghas the potenial to get us in a bit of bother, so wondered if you had had GOOD pre / post sales service from your dealership and whether you wouldReccomend them?

·
Registered
52 Posts
bad pre, bad during and very very bad after sales, will consider this next time i purchase a car 2013, look at Documents thred!
Edited by: carlk

·
Registered
144 Posts
Unfortunately my experience is much the same as your own. I have never dealt with Land Rover dealerships before and can only assume the product (Evoque) is selling so well that the sales staff do not need to put themselves out to help..........even new customers.
All I can say is that if they have not given their all before taking your money, it will only be downhill after they have. I can't really help with a recommendation as my only dealings have been by phone (I didn't use my local dealerships for the reasons given), and as yet they haven't had to do much in customer support.

Good luck with your search though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi NYB,
I also live in Bucks and ended up using Stratstone of Mayfair - and I would be happy to recommend Usman the sales guy. I ordered mine in May and received it just after launch (in fact early). I found Lookers (Hanger Lane) to be very poor, so decided to take a trip to Park Lane. I still call him for advice / questions and he has just sent me another LLR off road voucher. Just done 5000 miles in the car and love it. If your close to Denham, I'm would be very happy for you take a look at the car / spec etc.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi all,
I to have had a very bad experience I do feel that everytime you as questions or add options thay can't be bothered with you. I also have never spent this amount of money on a car, and to tell the true I kind of though I would receive red carpet treatment spending £45,000.
I do feel they are now taking us for granted due to the popularity of the evoque, the same old story once they have your order they don't want to know
(next please)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi

I have had problems with BMW and LR dealers in the past.

However I have to say that Land Rover Oxford havegivenme pretty good service. They have kept todeliverydates and kept me informed along the way.

My Evoque arrived last week but now waiting for the new reg (Pure 150, 5 door) before putting it on the road.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Guy salmon in stockport (owned by Sytner) have given me excellent after sales service. Mine was ordered via leasing company but even during Pre delivery they kept me up to date. Had an issue with the seat getting stained from a black polyester jacket. They took it to JLR and got the seat changed.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My dealer copley Halifax(perrys) are the worst iv ever come across, not only do they not reply to emails and phone calls but they lie and say they have ! Why would they do this? I will go to stockport next, if I buy a rr again, nice car , crap service (shame on you. copley) glad I don't treat my customers like this or i would be driving a lada . Edited by: carlk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Roblucaso - thanks for the advice wrt dealer. I am not too far from Denham, so may well take you up on that offer. What spec / colour did you go for?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys. Thanks for rapid response I will definately bear in mind your comments. it is not good that the customer service experience is so poor, but makes me feel (very marginally) better that its not just me.

Hi Marcus - thanks for the reply. Bet you can't wait for March to roll round! Am also thinking of getting a Pure..did you go for any of the Tech / Style packs?

·
Registered
19 Posts
newbie poster here, I've been to two dealerships as I thought that I would see if there are any 'incentives' being offered to buy from one over another. Unfortunately the answer was no! However, I found in both -Hunters of Preston and Kentmere of Kendal, a good degree of attention and warm welcome. I've been to Hunters to test drive twice (once with the wife and two young enthaustic boys) and both occasions Hunters were very accomodating, despite the late hour of my test drives, approx 5pm.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Fegus15.

Lack of incentives I can live with... would just be nice to be acknowledged;o).Sounds like Hunters are treating you well so far. Have you placed an order? What spec do you think you will go for?

·
Registered
13 Posts
HiWent for better seat controls (high mileage), Firenze red paint and powered tailgate. Also added the privacy glass, parking aid front and front log lights. Also went for the panoramic roof.

Should have mentioned the Oxford dealership had good delivery dates on Evoques when I ordered

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi NYB, looking at a Pure SD4 Diesel in Fuji White. Pan roof, privacy glassand 19' alloys. Still deciding between parking sensors or tech pack, but might offset the 150Hp engine to get the tech pack. i guess folding mirrors are a must as i would get paranoid about them getting knocked!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello NYB

I went for a 4 door dynamic, in red, with a black glass roof, with black leather interior. I'm very happy for you to have a good look around the car.

Rob

·
Registered
34 Posts
I went for a 4 door Dynamic - in red - black pano roof, I didnt go for the factory fitted tinted glass, but had it tinted by LLR.
Very happy to show you the car.

Thanks

Rob

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had similar dealer problems In Kent.

Canterbury kept me waiting ages before even acknowledgeing me. I felt that I wasn't taken seriously by the salesman. My Initial enquiry was for a business lease, I got prices etc and a test drive but no follow up call. I left there feeling as though If I purchased or leased or didin't wantthey didn't care either way.

As this Is my biggest purchase after buying a house, I would haveexpected a better response, red carpet almost as mentioned before!

Was recommended Ashford dealership (same group), went there and was treated so well.

Made the decision then to buy. Since then any enquiry has been dealt with very well, phone and E-mails all answered.

There you are made to feel like the customer counts.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I
ordered from Stratstone in Bury, Lancs, and the dealership, as well as
the salesman I have been dealing with have been nothing less than
superb!

I have been kept up to date with everything and my emails and questions
have been answered promptly (and there have been quite a few!)

I was even in there on Friday getting the MOT done on my (sad to see it
go) Freelander 2 and the salesman came over to see me just to tell me
how things were going.

Top class so far and would recommend....and I don't even work for Stratstone!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts