Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my Dynamic in September and recently received details of my build date and a scheduled delivery date for January 2012. Went to the Dealer today to agree the Part-Ex for my current car, only to learn they have failed to add the Park Assist to my build order! As a build date has now been given they are unsure they can amend this, without the delivery date being affected. Gutted! Do i accept the car in January without Park Assist, or request they amend the order, and defer my delivery? It's a shame as until now my dealer has been really good.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Definately not, you would probably regret it. why should you? its not your mistake. Stick with it, you may only have to wait a little longer. I am sure if you have a real moan at dealer then you shouldnt be too delayed. If they are not helpful ring customer relations. they did most of my chasing for me. Mine took 10 months but i can say now i love this car and the park assist..... WOW..........X Let me know how you get on.

·
Registered
81 Posts
It is a personal choice. I would take the car without as I feel it is gimmicky and not worth the extra money - but that's just my opinion. It is easy enough to park by yourself.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I thought there were only 2 Panda's in Edinburgh - looks like there are 3!

Rattinem - Why don't you ask the dealer for a test drive in a car with Park Assist so that you can try it out? You can then decide if it is worth the almost inevitable additional wait.

It's very dissapointing that they can't even follow an order form correctly. Must go check on mine!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments - Redbikerat, i did test drive one with the Park Assist, and it was pretty impressive, though i do also respect the point of Panda, that it is a gimmick (and costly at that) Not sure i can agree to them changing the build at this late stage, that will mean weeks more waiting...especially now i have a scheduled delivery date! The dealer is to speak to RR on Tuesday when they return from the holiday to see if their error can be corrected, so fingers crossed. i'll keep you all informed.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Oh no Rattinem! How an earth did that happen? Some may think the park assist is a gimmick but others don't and if you had made the decision to order the car with that option you must be gutted! I have got park assist and think it is a great option. If this had happened to me I think I would insist on having it put on. You can amend your order up to about 5 weeks before build but I guess it is too late for you now without delaying the order! Hope it gets sorted out for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts