Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2014 evoque dynamic sd4
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just bought our 2014 evoque sd4 2 weeks ago. Loving the car but having a slight power issue that is manifesting when pulling out of junctions or roundabouts. There is a slight lag at start up but then accelerates shortly before a short dead spot before accelerating again. Ive driven many autos before but have never experienced a gap in power like this. Not sure if this makes any sense to anyone but me in how i've explained that.

I have tried a gearbox reset but no change. Anyone any ideas?

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
Split turbo hose perhaps!
Sorry, best I can offer.

Reactions: Bangor_red

·
Registered
2014 evoque dynamic sd4
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I've rang the dealership to get it booked in. Just posting to make sure its not the normal to be expected performance. Hopefully it will get sorted. Went approved used so anything will hopefully get sorted

·
Registered
2014 evoque dynamic sd4
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should add ive run a scan on the car for faults and nothing has shown up. Would a split turbo hose show a boost fault?

·
Registered
Evoque MY20 First Edition in Seoul Pearl Silver
1,745 Posts

·
Registered
2014 evoque dynamic sd4
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you. Very useful reading. Should have done a search before posting but was just in from a drive which had left me a bit worried so jumped the gun and started a thread of my own. Ill definitely have get it booked in

·
Registered
MY2017 2.0 HSE Dynamic Lux
316 Posts
Definitely worth changing the fuel filter - these are often overlooked and can cause the symptoms you are describing.

·
Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
2,563 Posts
I am still getting same problem.

·
Registered
2014 evoque dynamic sd4
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haven't been on since i posted this. Finally got the car in today with dealer to sort constant battery low error. Ive mentioned the dead spot so will post result as and when i get it.

Has happened twice today taking car up funnily enough but other than that is intermittent. It feels like it pulls off from stop and then upon first gear change which is really soon due to the 9 speed it pauses at 2000 revs for 2 to 3 seconds. Rev needle then vibrates/bounces up and down slightly with no power before starting to increase again. Feels like its about to stall during this short time and feels properly dangerous.

Hopefully gets sorted easily

·
Registered
2012, 2.2td, 3 dr Dynamic. 240bhp, 20 in alloys, wing backs, side steps, tinted windows and lights.
73 Posts
I think the dead spot is a trait of modern auto boxes. I have a Golf R dsg and the first 1/2 of travel seemed to be dead and was a common problem.

I have fitted an adjustable pedal box to the car that you can set up to 17 different settings to how you want the response pedal to feel, from soft to super aggressive with instant power.

I guess this is something that could also be fitted to the Evoque.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,942 Posts
Worth a try. This has helped a lot of owners

·
Registered
2014 evoque dynamic sd4
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I actually tried that before posting made no difference unfortunately :cry:

Wish it was that simple

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
2014 evoque dynamic sd4
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finally got the car back yesterday with the battery changed. They said there were no faults showing for anything when they scanned due to the auto issues. Service manager said he thought it was maybe something to do with dpf regen or something, which i dont think would be possible as its done via heat and the dpf itself, nothing to do with transmission as far as im aware

·
Registered
41 Posts
If the fuel filter is new and the auto transmission reset hasn’t worked. A gentle but firm non stop 100 mile trip sometimes irons out the day to day lag so I hear :whistle: and premium grade diesel

1 - 14 of 14 Posts