Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
P300E on order autobiography
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those with new cars how much data comes as standard now? I get 500MB a month which was standard 2 years ago and I get it for 3 years but can anyone tell what it is now?

·
Registered
2021 P200 R-Design S Fuji
214 Posts
For those with new cars how much data comes as standard now? I get 500MB a month which was standard 2 years ago and I get it for 3 years but can anyone tell what it is now?
MY21 cars have an unlimited O2 data Sim, subject to a fair usage policy (Unsure if policy is defined anywhere). First year included in purchase price: renewal price unknown. There is an option to buy a 3 year plan with a hotspot facility at circa £350.

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MY21 cars have an unlimited O2 data Sim, subject to a fair usage policy (Unsure if policy is defined anywhere). First year included in purchase price: renewal price unknown. There is an option to buy a 3 year plan with a hotspot facility at circa £350.
ty they used to use Ubigi and it just gets renewed every month .... I know about the three year plan but I thought that just turned your car into a hotspot for others and nothing to do with the actual plan over 3 years ... ps it's now gone up to £440 lol

·
Registered
2021 P300e R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger grey, black pack, black alloys, sliding pano roof, red calipers, etc
332 Posts
Mine came with the 3 year unlimited data plan included free of charge....maybe worth asking for it instead of a silly umbrella? 😉

·
Registered
MY20.5 R-Dynamic HSE
3,302 Posts
Nowt wrong with umbrella's especially with all this rain we've been having, having live traffic reports won't keep your head dry :whistle:

• Haha
Reactions: Col_C and 4ndy

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what's wrong with asking for data and brolly .... no brolly no deal lol

·
Registered
Await New Evoque early 2022. Avatar is Baja RE 4S Pertol Tuk Tuk 200cc 4 fwd and reverse gears
16 Posts
Nowt wrong with umbrella's especially with all this rain we've been having, having live traffic reports won't keep your head dry :whistle:
When I bought my 1st Jag in 2003 I was given a Golfing Umbrella and it is still fully useable today and in good working order. Maybe JLR should pass their Quality Control to the Umbrella Company😂🌂

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
I asked for a brolly & the reply I got was, oh, yes, I’ve heard that some dealer do that. We don’t.

·
Registered
MY20.5 R-Dynamic HSE
3,302 Posts
Mine said, well his exact words were 'yeah we used to do stuff like that but we don't do that anymore'. When we closed the deal I said and don't forget the umbrella to which he said he'd see what he could do, because of an issue with my licence the actual pick up was 2 months later but we kept in touch via email and at some point in one of the emails I said and don't forget those 2 umbrellas for me and the mrs 😜 - no response!

Picked the car up and wa da ya know.......

Hood Automotive tire Grille Wood Bumper

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now that was a good bonus Doink :)

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
So you got yours & mine 😱 I’ll send you my address 😆

Reactions: Doink

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
this is just an update as I now have the full answer so thought just in case someone wanted to know I'd update...
year 1 = free unlimited up to 20GB fair usage ...
after year 1 it's £120 per year to renew
although you can get your SIM card and stick that in which to be fair is probably going to be cheaper ...

·
Registered
214 Posts
this is just an update as I now have the full answer so thought just in case someone wanted to know I'd update...
year 1 = free unlimited up to 20GB fair usage ...
after year 1 it's £120 per year to renew
although you can get your SIM card and stick that in which to be fair is probably going to be cheaper ...
Given that you started this thread in relation to new vehicles, MY21 cars do not have a Sim card slot and I guess MY 22 may be the same, so if you want connected accounts I guess it's pay up or connect car to your phone hotspot.

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Given that you started this thread in relation to new vehicles, MY21 cars do not have a Sim card slot and I guess MY 22 may be the same, so if you want connected accounts I guess it's pay up or connect car to your phone hotspot.
what are you using Pivi Pro ? as I got told by LR that you could still change the SIM card even though it was embedded somewhere... so technically yes you can if customer services are right which ok I admit are sometimes wrong lol

·
Registered
214 Posts
what are you using Pivi Pro ? as I got told by LR that you could still change the SIM card even though it was embedded somewhere... so technically yes you can if customer services are right which ok I admit are sometimes wrong lol
Yes, Pivi Pro. :unsure: I don't suppose that they told you where the Sim is embedded or the steps to change it; if it s more than one screw, I would need to employ someone to do it 😬. Frankly, as I understand it, I would still get Live traffic and map updates under the 3 year Navigation subscription and I would probably ditch it, albeit unsure about SOTA updates.

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
UPDATE
ok I seem to have spoken to someone who might have more of a clue than the guy yesterday ..

1-The modem device within Pivi Pro can not be changed
2-you get one year as standard
3- then you get the option to renew which will be £120 for the year or it's looking like maybe a 20% reduction if you go
for 2 years
4- they might start opening it up for other providers soon eg EE, etc
5- if you do expire and you don't want to renew you could always use your phone as a hotspot for the car.

Reactions: BJD and Bluefire65
1 - 16 of 16 Posts