Evoque Owners Club banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Silicon Silver RR Evoque R Dynamic HSE P300
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
They don’t fit in mine:cry:

never mind, I will have to run with a 5amp until someone makes a 2amp micro2.
I’m assuming you ordered from 12 volt planet
Post a picture of The one they sent you

·
Registered
64 Posts

the bottom one is the sent one, the top is the micro2 that is from my car. I think yours is the same as the bottom one ?

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
394 Posts
Fuse box on my new Evoque is at the back of the glove box?

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
394 Posts
Fuse panel is accessed by lying in the passenger foot well and undoing (by turning 90Deg) 2 clips. This releases a panel below the glove box approx 300x100. Behind this panel on the side of the centre console is the fuse panel.
Earthing- I used the fuse panel mounting points until I checked and realised they were not to chassis! I ended up usingthe screw fixing that attached the lower edge of the glove box. By crimping a 6mm ring terminal and sliding it between the metal bracket and the glove box plastic then refitting the screw a good solid earth is possible
HTH
Russ
Sorry just re-read the post - will go out and look!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Despite having the information, I still couldn't find the fuse box with the cigarette lighter fuse in!

Underneath the passenger footwell, was a flap. I removed one of the locking turn screws, but didn't find the fuse board I wanted. That seemed to be bigger fuses, but I didn't delve any deeper.

I wonder if I fully remove both turn screws and remove this flap, then I'll find it by peering in.

The diagrams weren't very helpful in my manual and differ from those above.

Is the cigarette lighter fuse board behind the flap that I could see at the back of the opened glove box? Tried to unclip the two top clips, but couldn't budge the flap without prising it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You will find the fuse box behind this panel on the right hand side if you look up. I had to take a photo to locate fuse 26. After reading through the advice on here I managed to hide all the wiring without removing any trim panels by running it down the seal and poking it through the top of the A pillar.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Thanks. So that fuse box is underneath the UK passenger side?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes, just undo the two clips and pull off the cover. The fuses are up on the right but you have to get down in the footwell to see them.

Reactions: rencar

·
Registered
394 Posts
Thanks very much - turned the two clips to unlock the black plastic panel under the passenger side (UK) footwell, removed it and yes I can see the fuses I need to deal with.

Now to work out a route for the dashcam cabling from the rear view mirror and then down the door pillar and into the fuse box. Don't really want to me removing trim, just tucking in I guess.

The earth for the dashcam down at the fusebox level, is there a suitable earth?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It is quite easy to tuck the cable in the rubber seals and across the top of the pillar using a plastic tool. There are a couple of suitable earthing points by the fuse box. Good luck - it is easier than you think

·
Registered
183 Posts
Thanks very much - turned the two clips to unlock the black plastic panel under the passenger side (UK) footwell, removed it and yes I can see the fuses I need to deal with.

Now to work out a route for the dashcam cabling from the rear view mirror and then down the door pillar and into the fuse box. Don't really want to me removing trim, just tucking in I guess.

The earth for the dashcam down at the fusebox level, is there a suitable earth?

Thanks again.
Hi Rencar
ive bought the Nextbase 422gw for my car and one for my wife’s. I’m gonna have it fitted by Halfords as I’m ham fisted and I actually watched them fit onto another guys car and the fitter was very particular about his work. I’ve heard some good and bad reviews about the Halfords fitters, hence the need to check our local store out. Anyway, I’ll get my wifes kit fitted first, if they mess it up.. at least it won’t be on my car lol .

·
Registered
394 Posts
Thanks for the guidance.

So I've determined the fuses I need to tap into (cigarette lighter etc), are situated on the right hand side behind this flap.

Is the earthing point you've connected to for a dashcam, the torx screw I've arrowed on the left hand side?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I earthed mine to the same torx screw on the other side (just out of shot) and it works fine

·
Registered
394 Posts
Thanks a lot

41 - 57 of 57 Posts