Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,601 Posts
Perhaps worth asking if NextBase will sell you spare 2A fuses?
Better to have the correct rating and as mentioned they seem to have good customer service.

Reactions: DKZ5745 and XZ4

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,024 Posts
Hmmm beat me to it

·
Registered
2020 Silicon Silver RR Evoque R Dynamic HSE P300
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Perhaps worth asking if NextBase will sell you spare 2A fuses?
Better to have the correct rating and as mentioned they seem to have good customer service.
I’ve found a source, 12Volt Planet.
confirmed by their technical guy these are Micro2 even though they are called mini fuses.
At 26p each they are cheap and cheerful
Russ
Mini Blade Fuses

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi Rencar Good choice I bought the Nextbase 522GW being an old codger there are bits of it I don't use but I was impressed with the ease of detaching and attaching the camera to its mount, I didn't fit a rear camera and I think Nextbase missed a trick here as it would have been better if the cable plugged into the stick on mount and not plug into the camera, the hardest part of fitting the hard wire kit was (a) me not being very flexible (b) when your holding the piggyback fuse holder your hand blocks the view of the location you are trying to insert it in. I earthed the cable under a bolt holding the fuse block to the car, I didn't remove the "A" pillar trim but pulled the door rubber off and tucked it in.

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
586 Posts
The free Nextbase Micro2 fuse tap and included Micro2 2amp fuse arrived today - really pleased that Nextbase just send these out for free!

RussTids - I've also spoken to 12Volt Planet about their fuses - thought I'd get one as a spare, but of course you get stung for £3.95 for posting a single 26p fuse!

Now just missing the car to install it into!

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
586 Posts
12Volt Planet just rang me back to advise that these 26p 2 Amp fuses listed on their website are in fact NOT Micro2, so wouldn't be suitable.

I never left any contact number with them, but they must have had my phone number in their system. They called and advised not to order those (and they also don't yet do Micro2 fuses). Apparently the Micro2 fuses have slightly longer prongs, which these aren't.

I think it might be worth asking Nextbase if they could send a spare 2Amp Micro2 fuse I guess. More than happy to pay for it of course.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The free Nextbase Micro2 fuse tap and included Micro2 2amp fuse arrived today - really pleased that Nextbase just send these out for free!

RussTids - I've also spoken to 12Volt Planet about their fuses - thought I'd get one as a spare, but of course you get stung for £3.95 for posting a single 26p fuse!

Now just missing the car to install it into!
Yeah I buy from 12Volt a fair bit so I had some discount and ordered 10
R

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
12Volt Planet just rang me back to advise that these 26p 2 Amp fuses listed on their website are in fact NOT Micro2, so wouldn't be suitable.

I never left any contact number with them, but they must have had my phone number in their system. They called and advised not to order those (and they also don't yet do Micro2 fuses). Apparently the Micro2 fuses have slightly longer prongs, which these aren't.

I think it might be worth asking Nextbase if they could send a spare 2Amp Micro2 fuse I guess. More than happy to pay for it of course.
Funny that as the same ones I ordered fit perfectly and like for like with the nextbase ones

·
Registered
586 Posts
I was ready to order and they out the blue called me.
If you have a couple of spare 2amp I could purchase from you, that would be great.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Your guidance on the dash cam install has been excellent. Thanks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Funny that as the same ones I ordered fit perfectly and like for like with the nextbase ones
Pic of the two fuses side by side. Nextbase on the left 12vplanrt on the right. If there are differences I fail to see them

I was ready to order and they out the blue called me.
If you have a couple of spare 2amp I could purchase from you, that would be great.
well I have 8 but like you I had to pay the postage.
It’s going to probably cost 50p to post two in an envelope. It would be cheaper for you to buy two from 12volt
Russ

·
Registered
586 Posts
Thanks I'll order some up from 12Volt Planet.

Indeed they do look identical!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Those are mini blade not micro2.

been there, done that. Smallest M2 is 5a.
You can get 2A and 3A and I believe 4A. The picture is 2A micro2 currently installed in my car

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sorry i am a bit stupid. The link is to micro 2 but the smallest they do is 5amp (amber) ho do you order 2a?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Sorry i am a bit stupid. The link is to micro 2 but the smallest they do is 5amp (amber) ho do you order 2a?

View attachment 5691
I’m not sure who sent that link but it wasn’t me. Never used Beals unless I offered it as a source as part of my install blog. At the time of the install I couldn’t find a source for 2A. I subsequently found one at 12 volt planet.
As mentioned in earlier posts go on 12Volt planet put in the part number shown on the picture of the fuse package in this thread, select the fuse you want and order it.
I bought 8 fuses for £7 incl VAT&shipping, they are cheap
Russ

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Here is the link to the Micro2 fuses, confirming that 2,3,4 and 5A are available
Russ

21 - 40 of 60 Posts