Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Can a member help with the hardware a Dash Cam, I have a Nextbase and the hardware Piggy Back kit, however I need advice as to fuze box installation and which fuze to piggyback.

Great forum, thanks guys.

Mike 22

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
6,204 Posts
Hi Mike... take a look here and put a call out in this thread as there are lots that know what they ar doing ;)

http://www.evoqueownersclub.co.uk/forum/dashcam-fitted-by-landrover_topic8967.html

there is also another thread i'll see if i can find it ;)

Found it ... lots of info in here worth a read ...

http://www.evoqueownersclub.co.uk/forum/dash-cam_topic8234_page1.html?KW=dashcams

Edited by: Angel

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
2,481 Posts
Nice work Angel, Carry on like that and you will be joining the excellent Moderator team!Edited by: CoolBlueWhyte

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi

Thanks for the links however I read those, nothing to suggest how to hardwire the piggyback kit or which fuse to use for permanent power to the Dashcam? I require constant power to the Dashcam hence buying the piggyback hardwire kit?

Thanks for the replies so far.

Mike 22

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hi Mike22,

Pacemaker1000 mentioned that he hard wired into the fusebox on 'fuse 60' (caveat - assuming fuse numbers have not changed over model years).

Link to post [Evoque Halogen to LED conversion - complete!] there's also another link in the thread to [Car Dash Cam / Dashboard Camera], which discussed hard wiring a dashcam. JimWooly posted an excellent BlackVue DR550GW-2CH installation 'how to' with photos (including fusebox) and Restyler followed this up with his A118 installation photos.

Hope this helps.

Trev

Edited by: TWS

·
Super Moderator
4,916 Posts
Nice work TWS and Angel.

Thanks to CBW for his kind comments also.
Edited by: Sorcerer

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
6,204 Posts
thx CBW don't really know anything though

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
6,204 Posts
open up the secret place where the manual is there's a screw ... undo that to put the earth tag onto.... and you want the cigarette lighter fuse... which is number whatever but is in the manual

update have looked for you ..... fuse 52 which is easy to get to and the wire leads off nicely ....

and it works switches off when car is locked and switches on min I open the door ;)

·
Premium Member
7,326 Posts
Photo of lead coming off fuse box would be nice Angel

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
6,204 Posts
ok I know photo's are great and meant to document it all but it was cold out there.... but I did remember to take this one that if you zoom in does show the numbers of the fuses....

Pic isn't that clear as I had to shrink it.... but if it helps and you want to see the numbers I can email you it .... sorry should have taken more ....

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
6,204 Posts
and that was using just the one kit from halfords....

http://www.halfords.com/technology/dash-cams/dash-cams/nextbase-incarcam-hardwire-kit

which should work if you have a mini USB 5 volt camera..... works on mine anyway :)

·
Premium Member
7,326 Posts
Excellent, thanks Angel.
Mines all tucked in nice but it may be worth me hardwiring then if it's that easy and free up my cig lighter socket.....not that I use it for anything else, but have to agree, once wired to fuse box, can be forgotten about.
Thanks for photo ......ok ok.....off to find the thanks button

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
6,204 Posts
yep thats what i love all forgotten about.... and you can't shut your flap over with that big thing sticking in there... i never use mine either but one day I might.... :)

·
Premium Member
7,326 Posts
My flap shuts anyway

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
6,204 Posts
I really hope you weren't reading that with a mans mind... have just realised what i've written... !!

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
6,204 Posts
saintcar if you look at the posts at the top of this one I gave a couple of links that had us all talking about dash cams ;)

·
Registered
MY16 Evoque SE TECH TD4 fully loaded
127 Posts
I have a new Dash Cam with extended view angles. It uses the 12V socket.

Would you know if the 12v on the evoque, cuts power when the car is turned off? ( to prevent battery drain). How long until it stops providing power?

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
3,396 Posts
Did you get realise this thread is 7 years old?

·
Registered
MY16 Evoque SE TECH TD4 fully loaded
127 Posts
Ok ill look for a more recent one, as don't want to start a new thread on it. Thanks

1 - 20 of 35 Posts