Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just mega upgraded from a Freelander to Evoque and I love it! However I'm nowcomming down to Earth thinking about how to transport mine and my daughters bike. We do use them a fair bit throughout the year. I used to have a towbar mounted Witter system carrier on my Freelander which took seconds to get on and off and was very easy to use. I am not so keen on something on the roof as I'm not too tall and my bike is heavy. I won't ever tow anything so a new tow bar system seems a bit of an expensive option just for bikes? Any suggestions my wise Evoque friends?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am going to get a tow bar for the same reason, 4 bikes. I used to have a 4 bike roof rack on my 3 series which was quiote low but still a challenge for the middle bikes. Also the cost of the racks are not low for the Evoque, a tow bar will be your cheapest option assuming you still have the witter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi somebody on the baby range rover forum has posted about a bike rack that straps to the rear of the car, not sure what make but will try find it again and update

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi again apparently its a Saris Bones cycle rack this was the thread:
Just been to hamsterly mountain biking, I wasnt in the evoque but noticed one in the car park that had a bike rack attached (i think it was a 5dr prestige) I went over to have a nose and had a brief chat with the female owner (called kaz i think from the reg plate lol).

The bike rack was a saris bones and appeared to fit really well over the spoiler and held the bikes a good distance from the car. I wont be buying one though myself as i have never been happy with the way they clip around car body work but they do look a decent option for carrying bikes on the evoque.

Saris are a well regarded brand and i a sure the clips wont damage paint work, its just the cautious part of me that wont be taking the risk. I had previously bought a saris rack for my scirocco and took it back because i had the same worry.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, Thanks very much for this info'. Obviously another Evoque with a Kaz plate! I'll check it out the cycle rack you mention. I agree with you that scratching is a worry. But it seems a bit excessive to buy a tow bar, when all I will use it for is a cycle rack.

Cheers K

1 - 7 of 7 Posts