Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to replace both CV joints on the right side of my evoque and the problem is you can't find info / videos as i replaced a lot of stuff on my evoque because it's an expensive car and i want it lasts a long time, it now has 153,000 km, that's 95069 miles and it had a small accident its not the first time i buy an accident car to fix it up but its the first car that i bought where some nobody did some repairs on like he changed a bold and to get the original off he accidentally cut the cv joint boot and thats why i have to replace that part i am going to be honest its the first time i have to take off a drive shaft normally i replace bumpers i weld a bit and i do like oil changes ets but its the first time i have to work on a drive shaft did anybody did this kind off thing and are you willing to talk me true it a bitt thanks

greetings form Belgium
82ef83be-bba3-4484-9f69-638ce1e4c20a.JPG

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,371 Posts
Check out the thread in the main message centre about rebuilding a damaged Evoque. it might be of help to you .

·
Registered
MY16 Evoque 5dr TD4 HSE Dynamic Lux 180 4wd. Corris Grey
5 Posts
The internal CV joint is not really serviceable, except for the rollers. Which means you pretty much have to replace the complete unit. There are service manuals on eBay which shows how to. I won't share the link as I would think a copyright issue but easily searchable. Basically release the front hub/knuckle drive out the drive shaft from the knuckle and the drive shaft pulls out of the PTU.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts