Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an email from JLR this morning asking if I'd provide feedback on my Evoque. So I did, and it made me think about the car in general and what others thought about theirs.

What the survey mostly asked about was if I'd had any issues with the car, and if so in what areas. Mine were as follows:

Small (even trivial) issues
Slow and clunky user interface for the nav and audio systems
Rattling piece of loose trim inside tailgate
Loud and annoying 'fluttering' wind noise when windows open
Water drips down inner door frame and into the rear lamp cluster if the tailgate's opened when the car's parked at a camber
Volume control is on the wrong side of the console for RHD

Bigger issues
Nav and audio systems too complicated/distracting to use while driving (taking eyes off the road)
Headlights (standard, not xenons) aren't very bright
Steering feels 'floaty' at high speeds, as if the front end's going light

The last two combined make motorway night driving waaaaay more stressful!

On the whole I think the car's great and really like it, and I said so in the survey, but when I was actually asked "Have you had issues with any of the things on this list?" I honestly had to say yes, which I wouldn't have with my previous car (a Mini) - well, except for the volume control position, but I didn't have to reach as far for it! It made me curious to find out what other Evoque owners thought. So - have you done the survey, and if so, what did you say?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Payndz,
I have done several of the LR surveys and I am always totally honest as this is the only way to help them improve the car.

Although I am 95% pleased with the car I added the following negatives to the survey.

Nit picking

Headlights not very bright

Aluminium Centre console very, very easy to damage with the seatbelt clip.

I find the manual gearbox a bit notchy and I often go from 6th to 3rd instead of 5th.

Major issue for me

Fuel consumption figures extremely dissapointing and nowhere near their claimed mpg.

·
Registered
26 Posts
what MPG are you getting?

read about headlights not being very bright on another post so am thinking of adding xenons to my order if i can

·
Registered
70 Posts
Galaxy.
Averaged 32 mpg for first 2000 miles (SD4 Manual), but I have been "experimenting" this week and have been driving more economically and have managed to get 38.2 mpg since Monday morning (130 miles).

Bit better I suppose?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I fill one out and have now been asked to a spa hotel to interview me, JLR are providing lunch and travel costs.
Has anyone else been invited??

Ben

1 - 5 of 5 Posts