Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2021 P300e R-Dynamic SE Nolita Grey two tone seats keyless entry black wheels fog lights spare wheel
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
Registered
MY20 P300 HSE R-Dynamic
73 Posts
Whilst I do like the piano black finish, it is a magnet for scratches and scuffs. No matter how hard you try to keep it scratch free, a surface that flat in that location is going to be difficult to keep looking good.

I do like the rubberised textured finish in my evoque and the wireless charging mat I have on it serves a far greater benefit.

Also, from an engineering perspective, which was my apprenticeship in tooling and machining, I can't help think £30 for what is, it appears to be basically a cnc machined piece of acrylic perspex, is overpriced.

These are just my opinions and people should do whatever floats their boat

·
Registered
MY21 Evoque R Dynamic S P300e 1.5 - Fuji White
21 Posts
Whilst I do like the piano black finish, it is a magnet for scratches and scuffs. No matter how hard you try to keep it scratch free, a surface that flat in that location is going to be difficult to keep looking good.

I do like the rubberised textured finish in my evoque and the wireless charging mat I have on it serves a far greater benefit.

Also, from an engineering perspective, which was my apprenticeship in tooling and machining, I can't help think £30 for what is, it appears to be basically a cnc machined piece of acrylic perspex, is overpriced.

These are just my opinions and people should do whatever floats their boat
I also like the original but I refuse to pay £50+ for it from Land Rover. I've been trying to find one online for a cheaper price but have been unsuccessful.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
I would be interested but wouldn't the gloss finish scratch easily?
Those were my thoughts. If you could get hold of a ”screen protector” that was either the correct size or bigger that could be cut to size, you could prevent any scratches.
I also use mine as somewhere for a wireless charger so it’s always covered anyway, but mine is OEM so has the rubber cover. They came foc with MY20’s.
These do look good, but the scratch issue would be a worry for me without some sort of protection.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Those were my thoughts. If you could get hold of a ”screen protector” that was either the correct size or bigger that could be cut to size, you could prevent any scratches.
I also use mine as somewhere for a wireless charger so it’s always covered anyway, but mine is OEM so has the rubber cover. They came foc with MY20’s.
These do look good, but the scratch issue would be a worry for me without some sort of protection.
I am not sure that this will fit a MY20 Evoque and you could cut down an ipad screen saver not sure it would be worth the cost I have driven my car for over 5 years with covers made of the material with minimal amount of scratches

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
693 Posts
Having ordered one of these, I've presumed the glossy cup holder cover will fit both 2020 (.5) and 2021 Model Year vehicles?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Having ordered one of these, I've presumed the glossy cup holder cover will fit both 2020 (.5) and 2021 Model Year vehicles?
Should do.
The dimensions were taken from my MY20 and I think the MY21 has the same sized orofice..
😉

Reactions: JamToo

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Love that word, Orifice 🤣.

Reactions: PhilB

·
Registered
4 Posts
View attachment 8209

View attachment 8211
View attachment 8212

View attachment 8213

Here is the highly anticipated cup holder cover for my 2021 Evoque!

I was reading online about a chap who has made cup holder covers for the Jaguar XE and the RR Velar. His name is Mike Gurd, and he has kindly made me a prototype which is pictured here.

The finish is piano black gloss, and has a cut-out so that it can be lifted off when you want to access the cup holders or space underneath.

It prevents crumbs and other junk from falling into the void and just looks classy. Personally I think it fits and looks better than the LR accessory.

If you're interested in owning one of these, add a post to this thread. If there is enough interest, Mike will tool up and make a batch. A velour pouch will be included to keep the cover scratch free if you need to remove and store it for any reason. The price will be dependent on interest but will be below £30, including delivery within the UK.

Mike has delivered to lots of satisfied owners on the dedicated model forums mentioned above. I have no business association with him, but I received this free prototype to road test.

Please post below if you are interested.
I’m interested, could you please let me have the details.

many thanks

Andrew Godfrey

·
Registered
2021 Model D 165 S in Portofino Blue, only extras are the full leather steering wheel and spare.
1,537 Posts
Okay folks my cover has arrived and it fits (tightly I might add) into the erm orifice of our 2021 model Evoque. I am well please and send my thanks to Mike and will let other members see the final product decide if they think the car looks better with one fitted. I feel it is a bargain, given the price of LR parts. The attached pics were taken very quickly before wife departed to work.
evoque 1.jpg
evoque 2.jpg
evoque.jpg

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,813 Posts
@Gavlenko Not easy to tell from the photos, but looks like it could be slightly narrower to align with the panel in front?

·
Registered
2021 Model D 165 S in Portofino Blue, only extras are the full leather steering wheel and spare.
1,537 Posts
I will take some more pics tomorrow and hopefully they show how well it fits.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
That’ll stop her having a cheeky coffee on the way home 👍

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Amazingly my wife is a tea only girl - not even sure that she has noticed the new addition lol - the things we do :)

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Okay folks two more pics with the holder in perfect position (not sure the last ones were) but apologies as I was leaving the car into the dealer with a tracker problem and took them very quickly. On that point the car has now been in for 2 days and not a word about where we are. We are in a 2019 SE evoque so will run up their mileage until I am told what's happening - a long drive this weekend beckons.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I think the alignment is perfect in these.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts