Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Condensation inside rear light - is this normal? I have it on one (rear passenger) significantly, but nothing at all on the other side. It looks like there is a second layer of plastic between the outermost layer with the condensation on the inside and the bulbs anyway. No cracks visible and the bulbs have not been changed since new (under 6 months).

·
Registered
163 Posts
I get the same problem too on mine. Pretty sure a lot of people have experienced this as I remember this issue beibg mentioned before.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I had the same,last week. Condensation in rear passenger side, which did not clear. Eventually turning into pools of water. Contacted dealer, who advised me to contact Land Rover Assist. Land Rover Assist checked light housing and arranged for warranty replacement with dealer.Replacement fitted and all OK at moment.
Land Rover Assist did say a small amount of condensation is OK and should clear during normal operation of lights, but not ok if never clears.
This was on 2016 SE Tech.

·
Super Moderator
3,043 Posts
When it clears, if it leaves stains on the inside of the lens you should be able claim under warranty, I had one of mine changed as there was permanent marking inside the unit.

Unfortunately any damp in the unit will be drawn up when sunlight heats the unit in cold weather, and the Evoque design looks to pour water behind the light from the tailgate channels making it a damp environment.

So far since replacing one of my units it's never got that bad again.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
14,057 Posts
Checked mine and they're not like that. I'd get that back to the dealer for a warranty claim .

·
Registered
415 Posts
That's how mine went , warranty claim , as mentioned before I spoke to dealer who instructed me to contact Land Rover Assist first.

·
Super Moderator
3,043 Posts
That's worse than the one I had replaced under warranty!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally got round to taking it to the dealer. They insisted on running the car for 30 minutes to see if it cleared (I told them it hadn't cleared ina monthof running it far longer, so it wasn't going to) and when itduly remained the same, they ordered me a new one. Not completely wasted time though - talked to the salesman that sold it me about a (hopefully) forthcoming RRS purchase to sit alongside the Evoque.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Noticed a streak of moisture in one of mine after I washed it. It has gone now, but the moisture inside was a vertical streak exactly in line with the tailgate gutter, so clearly it must leak where the water drains down. I shall see if it can be sealed anywhere above the light unit to deflect this.Edited by: AndyM

·
Registered
281 Posts
I seem to have the same thing Syl. Must be a bad batch I would think.

·
Registered
2017 SE Tech Auto
211 Posts
I have the same on the nearside only i did get the RR black rear lights but they were worse in both so returned them for a refund.
I wasn't aware LR would change under warranty on a 4 year old car mines out of LR warranty but I do have a separate warranty but guessing the light wouldn't be covered 🙃

1 - 13 of 13 Posts