Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Evoque friends,

I have calculated the actual diesel usage after refueling and I found a quite large difference between the computer figure and the actual figure. The computer reported e.g. 5.8 liters / 100 km, while the actual usage proved to be 6.4. I find this a rather big difference. I paid attention on the way of refueling, and I made the calculation a couple of times, so this cannot be due to measuring mistakes.
Any experiences to share on this issue?

Peter

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have seen quite a few comments on forums etc about the inaccuracy of trip computers for all manufacturers, including here for our Evoques.
much as the proof is there for all to see, i struggle to understand how this can be, as its surely based upon the mileage reading (assuming this is correct) and the fuel usage which isprecisely measured.
This should unless i am mistaken be the only two deciding factors as tyre pressures, weather conditions etc would have a direct impact on the fuel used.

I have not tried it for myself yet (too busy enjoying the car) but i would assume i would have to reset the trip computer at every fill to get the equivalent calculation correct.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
I've found my trip computer vs actual consumption to be within 0.1 - 0.3L, and that's after 4500km. I'm pretty happy with that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi, I have found mine to be the opposite. The computer is saying 36 mpg but over 4 tanks brim to brim it it is calculating at 40.1. The driving is mixed with a few 50mile motorway runs at 70 mph. Good for quite a heavy car with permanent 4 wheel drive and the aerodynamics of a breeze block.

·
Super Moderator
2,489 Posts
Never tested it myself.But I can report consistency against another car.
My 2.0l petrol BMW 3 series averaged 35.4, MY Evoque is 40.3 on the same commute and the extended time between fill ups equates without scrutinising things too closely.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have noticed that there is same difference in average fuel consumption when I calculate manually. I actually never calculated it related to a full tank , but after consuming 55% of petrol of the tank, I got manually 19 mpg ( combined city/highway) x 20 mpg (trip computer).
1- The average of a full tank is more precise?
2- This average of 19 mpg is ok for an Si4 9-speed?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2,265 Posts
How do you know you used 55% of the tank?

The best way to calculate manually is to record the mileage after a Fill, then at the next Fill you see how much fuel it takes to re-fill (on the reciept) then see what miles you did for that amount of fuel. You can then do this over a number of fills, record the amount of fuel you put in over the distance you travel.

Or just use Fuelly.com.... and fill the tank each time.

The fuel meter for me is about 2% optimistic, meaning it says 36.7 mpg where my calcs show 36.1 mpg.

19mpg is most probably inaccuracy in the amount of fuel used.

·
Registered
159 Posts
My 2015 sd4 trip computer consistently shows a +2mpg figure compared to the manual calculation based over 11500 miles avg mpg calculated is 39.27.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts