Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw on the JLR website that they were offering a complimentart update of InControl, so I thought I would pop into my local dealer, to try and ascertain if they would help with this. Chap on the service desk had a look on TopiX and told me that it had already been claimed in Jan 20, something like an N322 upgrade or something, however on him looking into it further it seemed that it had not been completed. He checked with the Master Techs and said that it had been put on hold for my car which I believe is MY16.5.
Does anyone know if this holds true or whether they are trying to fob me off until JLR stop this promotion?

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,906 Posts
Can you post the link to the LR offer please?

·
Registered
826 Posts
This was a thing JLR were doing across several of the ranges to bring anybody with the Incontrol Pro up to the latest version to give SOTA (software over the air) infotainment updates and Carplay?Android auto.
You definitely need the bigger Pro screen as standard Incontrol can't be updated.
It's gone a bit quiet on this recently so I don't know if it's still being offered.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,906 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do have the larger 10.2” screen and InControl Pro Services, I was wanting to try and get my software updated to latest I can get whether that’s v18, v19 or v20 whatever is possible, hoping maybe to get Apple Car Play in the end but realise it may not be possible. I was more concerned the dealer may be spinning me a yarn about it being put on pause while they sort the software out for my MY16.5 model

·
Registered
2016 (66 plate) RR Evoque 2.0 (180D) HSE Dynamic
3 Posts
I’m in a similar boat, I have a 66 plate (2017 model) with 10.2” screen, USB ports, sim etc, I rang my local dealer (Rybrook Stoke on Trent) who said that as mine wasn’t showing an outstanding campaign on TOPix that they wouldn’t do it, it’s an absolute joke and makes me wonder if it could be classed as false advertising

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
S
I’m in a similar boat, I have a 66 plate (2017 model) with 10.2” screen, USB ports, sim etc, I rang my local dealer (Rybrook Stoke on Trent) who said that as mine wasn’t showing an outstanding campaign on TOPix that they wouldn’t do it, it’s an absolute joke and makes me wonder if it could be classed as false advertising
send a copy of above link to the service manager of you’re local dealership, and ask him if he wants to check with JLR he is more than welcome....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Donna, when I called them, they were aware of the webpage in question, they were adamant that they won’t do it because there is no outstanding campaign on TOPix for my vehicle. Even explained that the Bluetooth is absolutely awful for streaming music (which it is).
I emailed UK customer experience at JLR but they seem to have gone quiet (not heard anything since 26/06).

cheers,

Paul

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Keep ringing the above ...when you put in a complaint you’re given a case number ... they are kind of a liaison between you and dealership ... it takes ages getting through at the best of times but I’d persevere, 😄

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic MY17 | Black Pack
65 Posts
I received the same “currently suspended” excuse and have the below from my local dealership....

On the update this is what land rover say

This bulletin is being re-issued to advise that the new SDD software update solution has been delayed due to the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Please DO NOT complete this bulletin on vehicles that use SDD diagnostic equipment. You will not be able to submit claims for vehicles updated using SDD diagnostic equipment. We hope to provide a further update in May 2020.

I know it says , May , and that time has passed , but they has not been any update from them since , this update comes out by land rover as a service action , with a code of N377, when we check your vehicle ,this update is not on there , weather land rover have removed it until the new software come out .

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic MY17 | Black Pack
65 Posts
I’m wondering if any independents could do the update......

·
Registered
3 Posts
So after a chat with JLR, they have advised that “If” there is a problem with the audio system that would require a software update, it would then be the complimentary upgrade and should be FOC. However, if you have no fault and just request the update for Apple car play, it would be a chargeable upgrade.
Can’t comment on the COVID-19 issue though as I haven’t rang the dealer yet

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,975 Posts
Lots of members had the upgrade done free. Tell them the screen goes blank intermitantly 😉

Reactions: DKZ5745 and PhilB
1 - 14 of 14 Posts