Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well never bothered with comparison sites before now ... wow we’re being ripped off big time.... my gas and electric dual bill £149 coming to deal end with Scottish power ... log in there website for new deals cheapest £160 fixed until jan2021..... so thought I’d have a look on sites ... entered details and guess what with U switch my cheapest comparison was £116.... til nov 2020 ... that’s great until I find out it’s with Scottish power the same company I’m with😱😱😱 so give them a call 20 mins ... and ask why this particular tariff not available to me on there site???? It’s a deal they strike with comparison sites ... unbelievable ... so I have to go through u switch to change to same supplier which was really easy and saved about £550 for year ... just thought it might be worth mentioning as a lot of you retired folk must have heating on during day 😜

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Going to go through all the bills tonight and see what’s out there just got home insurance with AA for £147 cheaper too

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
They're just like insurance companies, happy to rip us off all the time if we let them!

As well as Uswitch, Martin Lewis's site Money Saving Expert is a good place to seek the best deals.

Broadband too!

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes just got sky tv , phone , broadband down too ... they gave me a blue light card for emergency services at work all kinds of discounts... dominos pizza two for Tuesday is now everyday .... discounts at lots of shops , tyre places, electrical too very good .... saved £27 a month on sky ....so reckon with three calls ...gas /electricity , home insurance, sky ive saved about a £1000 so far .... going to look at what else we do tonight and ask for a channel bag 😜😜😜

·
Registered
897 Posts

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
Well never bothered with comparison sites before now ... wow we’re being ripped off big time.... my gas and electric dual bill £149 coming to deal end with Scottish power ... log in there website for new deals cheapest £160 fixed until jan2021..... so thought I’d have a look on sites ... entered details and guess what with U switch my cheapest comparison was £116.... til nov 2020 ... that’s great until I find out it’s with Scottish power the same company I’m with😱😱😱 so give them a call 20 mins ... and ask why this particular tariff not available to me on there site???? It’s a deal they strike with comparison sites ... unbelievable ... so I have to go through u switch to change to same supplier which was really easy and saved about £550 for year ... just thought it might be worth mentioning as a lot of you retired folk must have heating on during day 😜
not me, I’ve got heated grips on my Zimmer frame (y) 🤣

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Well dove Donna that is excellent. As the old saying goes “look after the pennies and the pounds look after themselves!” Why pay more than you need?
Its not about getting cheap products, it’s all about getting excellent products cheap.

Don’t forget to try the Cashback sites for that extra bit on top. Particularly good on car and house insurance but many places have either a fixed sum or between 1% and 20% cashback on the value of the transaction.
I use Quidco (amongst others) they take a £5 commission out of your annual earnings.
when I last looked we had saved over £3k using quidco!
Here is a link, give it a go, it’s free and you have nothing to loose. (I think we both get a little cashback if you create your account using this link, but I fully understand if you don’t use it as there are so many phishing scams out there)... https://www.quidco.com/raf/109958/

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Doogi will have a gander

·
Registered
897 Posts
Wasn’t me, it was CBW. 😇

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Apologies ... thanks for that CBW.. I’m going to look at it again tomorrow 😘

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
also worth looking at if you eat out a lot is the meerkats offer and BOGOF meals .... I got insurance for one stay in London at random for one night £1-01 and I have it for one year ... apps quite useful and I usually send the cinema tickets on to the kids for them to use .... :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts