Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I was decided, I ordered the Pure SD4 Auto with all the Extra's, now not sure about the colour
, I keep thinking about how nice the grey looked on my test drive, and I have been looking at the silver, although I like the Orkney Grey, I'm not sure if it will do the Pure justice because of the Atlas grill etc... I think the exterior trim will get lost and my current car is Grey, so then to the silver??!!!! I just don't know! I have loved the white from the off and knew exactly what I wanted, why am I looking at other colours now? I know my order is still in holding awaiting it's build slot, so could change the colour if I wanted

·
10,626 Posts
OK lulu I hope this helps.

In my experience, the darker the colour car you have the harder it is to maintain, any Black car looks superb when polished and clean, but shows the dirt far quicker and washing a dark car in strong summer light means you have to dry it real fast or the water droplets burn on. I've had at least 6 black cars, 5 silver cars and 3 white cars.

Silver though criticized is a far easier colour to maintain and hides the dirt better.

White needs more effort.

We looked at and tested the Evoque last weekend, I thought we were going for the Barolo Black or Firenze Red.

But my good lady has chosen Silver, end of story.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had the same problem originally ordered a black one then changed to grey after an early drive event only to later find out the grey I drove was not the same grey as I would actually be getting (stornoway v Orkney grey). I've stuck with the grey as I've never had a grey car before - mostly blacks. Most people I know seem to have ordered white. I think which ever colour you order will be great so don't worry about it (but I would go for a grey
)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I will stay with the Fuji white, my current car is Grey so I do want a change, to be honest I was starting to worry that it is too much in white !! I will be glad when my build date is given so I can stop looking and changing my mind!!!!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Silverburn said:
I had the same problem originally ordered a black one then changed to grey after an early drive event only to later find out the grey I drove was not the same grey as I would actually be getting (stornoway v Orkney grey). I've stuck with the grey as I've never had a grey car before - mostly blacks. Most people I know seem to have ordered white. I think which ever colour you order will be great so don't worry about it (but I would go for a grey
)

out of interest, which model are you getting in the grey is it prestige or dynamic? as the grey does look lovely with the silver grill

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've ordered a dynamic with the shadow wheels and privacy - should be here at month end (fingers crossed). May also get a black roof (vinyl wrap) once I see it in the flesh! I think you've made a good choice sticking with white every one I've seen looks good.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I think I will be very happy with it, I have gone for the almond/espresso interior too, and a whole heap of options, my first Range Rover and first Automatic too
there are so many options and colour schemes to choose from, like I said, it will be good when my order is locked and I cannot change my mind, wanted white from the start and will stay with my choice, if I was getting a Dynamic then yes maybe the grey as it does look good with the silver trim, but do think the trim would get lost if I had the grey on the pure, and I do like the whole white scheme with the light interior etc... nice light neutral feel to it (and quite girly I think), oh yes and for the first time I am having the Xenons (the LED side lights were too lovely to do without)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Your order sounds nice and as you say quite girly (don't shoot me any blokes who have also this spec). If i ordered your spec I suspect I would never get to drive it as my wife would have it all the time. My wife thought the grey was a mans colour so I ordered it ASAP

·
Registered
118 Posts
Time was when silver accounted for 50% of some car brands, no longer, it's out of fashion. White supposedly is the new silver but white cars only look good when spotlessly clean. It's interesting that LR only offer this one non-metallic colour.

If there's one aspect of the Evoque design I'm not comfortable with, it's the silver/grey scuff plates front and rear - I think they look very odd on, say, a red car. I've therefore gone for silver to blend thingstogether.I think the overall effect will be moreintegrated and lookbetter; I've also gone for black above the waistline which willtone with the black accentson the dynamic.

I saw a silver/black car in my dealer this week and I am more than pleased with it, it will really catch the light. I am surprised how many people are going for white, especially for prestige cars where metallic is a no-cost option so if you are going for white, you are throwing £500+ away.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have ordered a white prestige here in France, partly because I always have white cars (it gets hot here and white reflects the heat), partly because I think the car looks best in white, and partly so I can spend the 720 Euros that any other colour costs (yes metallic is extra on all models here) on something more useful.By the way I would disagree that white only looks good when clean - I think black shows the dirt first - I suppose a muddy beige would be best for not showing dirt but I dont fancy that kind of colour.

Graham

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've seen all the colours and Orkney grey with black roof, privacyglass and shadow wheels, together with Ambience interior and Pan roof is the absolute dogs b*llocks!
RBD914

1 - 11 of 11 Posts