Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am about to order Prestige SD4 Automatic, and am torn between 2 colours.I have always dreamed that it would be white, but I have now found theMauritius blue and I am torn.
My head is saying white (there have been numerous press photos and I know I wont bedisappointed), but my heart is sayingMauritiusblue; my concern is that I have not seen any press photos in this colour, and my concern is also for the value when I come to sell.

Advice Please

·
Registered
5 Posts
Blue is a dangerous color when it's time to sell it, but then again so is white. Even though white has been rated as the new black (in terms of popularity) it could turn, it's not so long ago that white cars where impossible to sell. I went for black - always popular to resell. There are two long videos on youtube by autoexpress that displays the car in blue.

Even though white is the new black, black is still black

·
Registered
52 Posts
I tend to agree. The more individual colours such as Ipanema, Mauritius, colima lime will appeal to a more limited audience, and this is a consideration mainly for resale purposes.

I have a dilemma with white, is it a fad colour of the moment or will it be the new black? I tend to think it has got longevity but you never know. I have to say I think white is a "young" colour appealing more to 35 and unders. My dealer has said that over 60% of the orders he has taken are for white.

Ask any of my mates and a black Range Rover has links with drug dealers but thats another story!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi,

the videos on youtube by autoexpress is the colour 'Baltic Blue'.

Mauritius Blue is a strong and vivid bright blue. I've only seen a couple of pictures in this colour and the only one I can remember is in the Autocar Supplement magazine of the Evoque on page 23.

If I can remember where I saw the others I'll re-post asap.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi !

In Cyprus the number of cars ordered are White and Black!!! Btw Don't go for blue - doesn't do the car any justice!

I went for the Ipanema Sand. Its a brillaint colour and will certainly stand out from the whites and blacks

·
Registered
118 Posts
I was sitting along side a Range Rover in white in a traffic jam on the M25 this morning and thought it was just too much. White may be the new Black (or Silver, depending on who you talk to) but the world is going to be full of white Evoques and for that reason alone, I would do something different.

The Mauritius Blue is quite a stretch, what about the Buckingham Blue, that would be my second choice.

Just because the concept car was white doesnt mean you have to follow with the same choice for your own car. White cars only look good (if ever)if they are spotlessly clean.
Edited by: mark_n

·
Registered
33 Posts
zambiaman said:
Hi !

In Cyprus the number of cars ordered are White and Black!!! Btw Don't go for blue - doesn't do the car any justice!

I went for the Ipanema Sand. Its a brillaint colour and will certainly stand out from the whites and blacks
Good call, it will also look cleaner for longer. IMHO Blacks and Whites are too fashion driven.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does anybody know what the colour is the black with the hint of brown (like speckles of brown). I've seen it on the little models at the events but forgot what colour it is.

I've ordered white but a little bit worried that 3/4 of all Evoques are gonna be white.

·
Registered
118 Posts
It surprises me so many people are going for white. For those ordering a Prestige, metallic is a no-cost option and the red looks great, though a stealth-car it is not.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My order is black (white also looks nice) because is a Pure and i can not change the top color, but i saw in Barcelona Motor show a Dynamic Firenze Red with black top and its extremely beatiful, also white with black top. I am 33 years old

·
Registered
134 Posts
mine tooo white and pan roof

1 - 20 of 46 Posts