Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well all I can say is we love him. I was initially a little sceptical trading from a Dynamic Lux to a Pure Tech but with the additions I have done I have no regrets now. That's not saying I disliked the Dynamic at all!
Bertie the Barolo is a Pure Tech SD4 Manual - Cirrus Interior with the following Factory options :-
Tech Pack,
Signature Xenons,
Fog Lamps,
Powerfold/Puddle Lamp Mirrors,
Rear Camera,
Auto Dim Mirror,
Privacy Glass,
Panoramic Roof,
825W Meridian Audio.

Standard Dealer Options :-
Brushed Alluminium Roof Rails.

Option Fitted Myself At Dealer :-
Dynamic Black Front Grill.

Bespoke Additions/Modifications :-
Custom Firenze Red painted additions to Front & Rear Bumper Bull Bar Style Finishers / Wing Vents & Tailgate Finisher. Sump & rear lower bumper gaurds colour coded in Barolo along with the lower door trim insert finishers.
Standard Pure Alluminium dash insert trim finisher replaced with the Dynamic Gloss Black Strata.

Other Additions Supplied By Myself From Ebay That Dealer Kindly Fitted FOC :-
Swapped over the 18" Pure wheels with my 20" Style 7 then delivered the others home to me FOC.
Fitted Chrome Side Tubes,
Fitted Mud Flap Set.
Dynamic Sports Pedal Set.

I must say a massive thanks to Harwoods Of Edenbridge, Kent for really looking after me with this car, they have been 110%.
They had allready offered me a good PX over book but then I sold it privately so they then gave me £1500 discount as a gesture.
They loaned me FOC a 62 Plate Freelander SD4 Auto HSE for 5 weeks while I waited for Bertie which I took to Liverpool to see Bertie's birth & they paid for my family to go on the factory tour. They fitted my roof rails free & gave me 50% discount on the rails too (this was commision for recomending a customer to them).
They agreed to sort that dash trim for me considering I said to them I wanted it no matter what & added that I would only pay the £200 upgrade cost that it would be on a Dynamic & not a penny more!
Then the above items I supplied all fitted.
Then the fact that I requested all the custom paintwork & that had to be planned & sorted. The bodyshop was about 12 miles away for which the car was collected on a low loader & then trailered back.

Only one issue & that was the driver of the low loader who put my car on it didn't have the common sense to put a mat on my carpet & put mud etc on the floor for which I was irritated to say the least.
I pointed this out to the sales manager on Thursday when I was there who was looking at it with the parts manager & I joked - that's got to be worth a set of Premium Mats? He said to the Parts Manager - Order Andy a set of Premium mats.
Oh & I got a full tank of fuel too.
I am a very happy bunny indeed & would thoroughly recomend Harwoods Group!

I will add photos tomorrow. I personally think the car looks stunning. Always a bit of a worry when you get an idea in your head about doing custom paintwork & wondering how it will look!

·
Registered
465 Posts
ooh really want to see pics

we were gonna go with harwoods of tonbridge but went with guy salmon aylesford.....now regretting it with lack of communication :(

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Guy Salmon - wouldn't give them the time of day lol. They lost out twice (now 3 times) on me buying from them. If you can change - do it!

·
Registered
356 Posts
So good to hear that not all dealers are the same

Great write up about your experience

Now E-N-J-O-Y

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Just out of interest why did you move from a Dynamic to a Pure, obviously you got a great price for the Dynamic but why the decision to replace it with the Pure Tech? If you don't mind me asking.

·
Premium Member
10,622 Posts
The Valeter.

Where are the pics, you have been teasing us for weeks now?

Barolo seems to be gaining momentum on the orders front.

Finally, and probably most importantly, is how do you find the SD4 compared to Si4, as you have had the longest test drive of a Si4 Dynamic?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Only real reason for the change was the money I was offered for mine 7 the deal I was offered on the new Barolo. With the sale of mine & the £1500 discount it meant I only lost £1000 in 11 months on a £45K car which is excellent to say the least. Then I got all the other bits & bobs.Loved the Dynamic in every way except on long journeys the seats were too hard. Can't really complain about the Si4 fuel consumption as I knew that before I bought it but it wasn't good.

I also just love the ordering/negotiating/waiting experience of a new car lol.

The other thing was if I had gone for another Dynamic I would have just been replacing like for like & would have cost more with the price rises last year so that was pointless.
With all the additions to Bertie above my finance agreement will end as near as dammit the same date as the Dynamic & I am nearly £100 a month better off & that's just on the finance. The only extra cash I forked out was for the side tubes, mud flaps, dynamic pedals. The pedals & flaps were only just over £100 on ebay (about £240 from LR) & I sold a set of wheels from my Rover 25 that had been in the garage for years that paid for the side tubes.

I have got a brand new set of very nice (Pure/Prestige) Side Steps that I considered fitting but went for the tubes so I am going to sell those now.

With the additions/enhancements I have made it isn't really like a Pure. Consider it as a Pure-Sport!

The dealer is even thinking of doing some special editions based on Bertie!

·
Premium Member
10,622 Posts
The Valeter.

I take it your reply is to the post by Evogirl.

·
Registered
465 Posts
The Valeter said:
Only real reason for the change was the money I was offered for mine 7 the deal I was offered on the new Barolo. With the sale of mine & the £1500 discount it meant I only lost £1000 in 11 months on a £45K car which is excellent to say the least. Then I got all the other bits & bobs.Loved the Dynamic in every way except on long journeys the seats were too hard. Can't really complain about the Si4 fuel consumption as I knew that before I bought it but it wasn't good.

I also just love the ordering/negotiating/waiting experience of a new car lol.

The other thing was if I had gone for another Dynamic I would have just been replacing like for like & would have cost more with the price rises last year so that was pointless.
With all the additions to Bertie above my finance agreement will end as near as dammit the same date as the Dynamic & I am nearly £100 a month better off & that's just on the finance. The only extra cash I forked out was for the side tubes, mud flaps, dynamic pedals. The pedals & flaps were only just over £100 on ebay (about £240 from LR) & I sold a set of wheels from my Rover 25 that had been in the garage for years that paid for the side tubes.

I have got a brand new set of very nice (Pure/Prestige) Side Steps that I considered fitting but went for the tubes so I am going to sell those now.

With the additions/enhancements I have made it isn't really like a Pure. Consider it as a Pure-Sport!

The dealer is even thinking of doing some special editions based on Bertie!

can i be rude and ask the total price of the car. if too cheeky ignore request

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Evo-king said:
The Valeter.

I take it your reply is to the post by Evogirl.
Yes.

Magicbeans.

The invoice price was approx £38,400 with all the bits they did then approx £350 for the tubes, mudflaps, Dynamic pedals but as said above the tubes were subsidised by my Rover wheels.
OK I had to buy the 20" Shadow Chromes @ £925 but my 18"s are currently on ebay so I should get a large reimbursement from that!

Edited by: The Valeter

·
Registered
356 Posts
Can you put some pictures on photobucket and put the link on this post - curious to see how these tubes look

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Thanks Valeter makes major sense tbh. Looking forward to seeing pics of your car.

·
Registered
465 Posts
wow hefty price tag for the pure tech but then again with all the customistaions and spec you have indeed got a unique car with a good look.

cant wait to see her/him!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A picture when he arrived at the dealer from the factory.........

And Now............Hope you like.........

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
I like it...very individual.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I like it! Nice red and black. I like the interior!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Certainly is individual - congrats!

·
Registered
465 Posts
very nice!! worth the wait for sure. love it

1 - 20 of 24 Posts