Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, we have an Evoque 13 plate which we bought 6 months ago and the flywheel and clutch went after 3 weeks, so we took it back to our dealer and they sent it to Landrover to get the clutch and flywheel replaced.
Four months later the engine light comes on, so off we go to the dealers again. They informed us the EGR valve was stuck and they will fix it under warranty. The dealer then phones us to say car is fixed but they are disgusted by the work done by Land Rover, so we need to return the Land Rover immediately for an inspection and sent us photos of the work done. So we take it back to Landrover and they tell me they will phone me when they have had a look at it. I was informed that the clutch had gone and needed to be replaced, although we were unaware of any problem with the clutch and only took it back to Landrover because our dealer told us to. I told them to contact the dealer but the next thing I know is it had been replaced our dealer had paid for it and we now need to pay the dealer £1300. also the engine light is still on and the dealer is now telling us they will not fix it under the two year warranty we paid for. So here is my question. Please look at the photos, especially the clutch alignment which is out and tell what you think we should do. I’m really not happy paying for any work which I didn’t authorise especially when it could be ca used by poor workmanship. Who has ever heard of a clutch going after 4500 miles.

·
Registered
7,481 Posts
Think at Landrover you have to authorise repair? Maybe if your dealer authorised it he should be responsible?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts