Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've got quite a basic Range Rover and even the closing button is missing from the tailgate, which is a bit annoying.

What do I need to get this working?

Is it just the electric gas struts I keep seeing on eBay I need or..

I don't want the boot to open on remote button press or anything like it. I mean, yeah, it would be nice but I understand it's quite expensive, although I am not sure if it's hundreds or thousands.

What I would like to have, is the **** button at the back so the tailgate closes itself. That surely is a quick, simple one, one would say, right?

Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
2,471 Posts
Retrofitting any factory fit options is never simple, and dealers have little interest in doing this.

You may be better to find an aftermarket company to do this sort of thing, it sounds easy in the face of it, but it is still a control system that has to meet safety standards.

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
69 Posts
Not sure but like most things in these I am guessing the button, fob control and front button all send a signal to the control unit which activates the power motors.
The tailgate height can be set by pressing the button at various pints so there is also a learned function somewhere.
To make it work you will need the parts and the software I am guessing.
Maybe an indie can help?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mine is a pure model so I have have to open and shut the tailgate by myself. It’s just a matter of lifting your arm up and bringing it down again while holding the tailgate.

·
Registered
7,643 Posts
To get it retro fitted is expensive!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts