21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Registered
2013, Evoque SD4 - Firenza Red - Dynamic, 5dr Auto
Discussion Starter #21
Brilliant. Thank you 馃槉

Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux - Fuji white with the black rimmmms
I鈥檝e been looking into this also .

There鈥檚 a video ok YouTube by sa tuning slagging these tunning box鈥檚 saying they are just voltage regulators. They do a box that actually updates the ecu with a mapping . I think it鈥檚 called #truetune

It鈥檚 around 499 with 10 credits for stage 1
But once you own the unit can you do any car . And just pay for credits .110 quid for 10 credits . It works by reading your ecu file . You email them with it . They send you back a custom ecu file to upload . You can still return car to original when you like also . By updating with original file .

I鈥檓 going to a local tuner to to mine it鈥檚 around 250 for a stage 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
MY15 2.2L
Hi @DWTK, it's worth putting your Evoque spec and year in your forum profile so people can easily see what you have :)

Reactions: DWTK

Registered
MY20 P300e PHEV | Yulong White | R-Dynamic SE | Panoramic Roof | Clearsight | Driver Assist Pack
I tried a tuning box on our 3ltr CRD Jeep Commander and felt zero difference despite the claim of 40bhp more, I then had our 5.7ltr Hemi Commander remapped by Brabus and got 88bhp extra which gave a tested total output of 402bhp...and oh boy did I feel the difference with it returning 18mpg, a slight downturn from the stock 21mpg 馃槀

Remap over Tuning Box every time for me.

Reactions: ScreamingDead

Registered
But what鈥檚 the long term downside on the evoque . Has anyone had any issues after a remap

Registered
MY20 P300e PHEV | Yulong White | R-Dynamic SE | Panoramic Roof | Clearsight | Driver Assist Pack
Typically, Professional remaps don鈥檛 have downsides to engine health as they are designed for the specific engine in question and are permanent. Tuning boxes are a cheap alternative generic mass produced chip product with basic limitations and are not specially specific to your engine. For example, It鈥檚 common knowledge that you could take one out of Golf and stick it in a Mini, or a any other engine with a common rail setup. Only in certain circumstances the tuning box may need some reprogramming to suit some car engines.

Registered
Typically, Professional remaps don鈥檛 have downsides to engine health as they are designed for the specific engine in question and are permanent. Tuning boxes are a cheap alternative generic mass produced chip product with basic limitations and are not specially specific to your engine. For example, It鈥檚 common knowledge that you could take one out of Golf and stick it in a Mini, or a any other engine with a common rail setup. Only in certain circumstances the tuning box may need some reprogramming to suit some car engines.
Thanks I鈥檓 completely new to tuning . I have heard stories of extract pressure on gearbox , injectors and flywheels . But you think a professional map will not cause undew pressure on those components

Super Moderator
I bought a unit to allow me to retune mine as stage 1 or 2 or back as original (had to upload original maps to get new stage maps), put the stage 2 on, and it was like a terrier on heat, as I spend a lot of time trundling in traffic it was not so pleasant to drive, so put it back stock, still haven't tried the stage 1.

Reactions: DKZ5745
21 - 29 of 29 Posts