Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1st edition 2019 Seoul Pearl silver copper inserts 20” wheels tinted windows pan roof. 5079wheels
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After arm rest fell to bits LT refused a warranty claim, but advised that we should try gluing it back together, failed. Then they gave us a price for a new one. £451.31.
Sod that bought a full console off eBay £60 delivered today, just need to fit it. Photo of console and quote coming

Attachments

·
Registered
P300E on order autobiography
5,663 Posts
2 years old and it's not a warranty claim?

Reactions: BJD

·
Registered
1st edition 2019 Seoul Pearl silver copper inserts 20” wheels tinted windows pan roof. 5079wheels
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope, 2.5 hours old one out new one in
Well I guess that’s why I use an independent JLR tech guy to service my car, saved £150. On their price.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
3,170 Posts
£150 might not be a saving on a 2 year old Evoque. I reckon a LR stamp on a £50k vehicle is worth it...

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I think I would have contested them rejecting a warranty claim on a 2 year old car. I would have least wanted to know on what grounds they were saying it wasn’t covered by warranty.
Maybe they were a bit p1ssed because you were using an indie for servicing, but even so, if it’s a fault on a car in warranty they have a duty to replace or repair foc.

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I would have contested them rejecting a warranty claim on a 2 year old car. I would have least wanted to know on what grounds they were saying it wasn’t covered by warranty.
Maybe they were a bit p1ssed because you were using an indie for servicing, but even so, if it’s a fault on a car in warranty they have a duty to replace or repair foc.
Trouble is how do you prove it’s a manufacturer fault after all it’s made of 3mm plastic with 2 metal tubes connected to the plastic.anyway I’ve sorted it out.
They changed my rear disks and pads foc on my other car 16plate se tech without asking same dealership but different site. All because there was some rust on them, now according to them they don’t do that now. Lot of game playing going on.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
£150 might not be a saving on a 2 year old Evoque. I reckon a LR stamp on a £50k vehicle is worth it...
Everything uploaded on JLR service history and JLR only do the minimum of service they don’t take your wheels off and check your brakes regardless of how old your car is vital part of any service. Also the tech guy I use is fully trained for EV cars, this does not effect your warranty, I would not use Halfords

1 - 8 of 8 Posts