Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble with the electric locking on my 2013 Evoque.

A few problems
The key fob is not opening all locks when I first press the button twice
The autolock function works when I start but does not unlock all doors when I stop and open the driver's door as it normally does
The mirrors do not always open when the key fob is pressed twice so I am driving without side mirrors.
There could be some other issues with boot that I am not noticing.

Anyone else had similar problems?

·
Super Moderator
2,471 Posts
Have you tried opening the mirrors using the 2 Select mirror button held together?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Hi welcome to the forum. Not a problem I've had, but someone may have the answer.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
with your first point - unlocking doesn't unlock all doors - requires 2 presses of the fob - there should be a setting in your instrument panel for this (with the car on (engine off), hit OK on the steering wheel)- i had to turn it off on mine as it was annoying.

i think its called two stage unlocking.

Edited by: majeric

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Here is some things I'd try if it happened to me and I was trying to work out why:

1. Evoque battery - make sure it is fully charged and holding voltage - battery problems can cause odd results

2. Software problem. If the system has got itself a bit discombobulated, then I'd try a hard reset - I think the only way to do this by disconnecting the battery for a while. You might want to get a service agent to do this.

3. Unlikely, as you should get a warning, but does the battery in your keyfob need replacing?

4. After that, its more likely to be a physical problem such as a faulty connection, loose wire or fault lock module which can take a bit more tracking down.

·
Super Moderator
2,471 Posts
Also are the mirrors floppy when unlocked, sometimes if they are iced up they can come detached from the motor, just push them back into position, or retracting and extending them again can simply fix it.

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
key fob not opening all doors at once have you ticked the box to open all doors.... it's a security thing it's found in the dashboard settings.... you can set it to open all doors or just passenger doors....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mirrors can be manually opened or closed by pressing the left and right buttons together for the mirrors and holding for a few seconds, so you shouldn't have to drive without the use wing mirrors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts