Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just before Christmas I had my wing mirror clipped by an oncoming vehicle. It only just caught mine but enough to crack and break the clear indicator strip/lens built into it... everything else was fine... must have caught mine by millimetres but frustrating on a relatively new car (the led indicator in it still functioned). I feared the worse too... the technology in the mirror itself is phenomenal... electric folding, electric adjustment, one of the 360 cameras, LED indicator strip, wade sensing, self dimming, puddle lights, blind spot etc. Thought it was going to cost a small fortune and if it was I would have stuck with the clear tape I put on it. Contacted my dealer... the clear indicator lens was a separate item... it cost £36+VAT and £75+VAT for the labour. Still quite expensive for what it is but nevertheless... a lot less than expected and had a full valet on the house with endless coffees and cakes! Kind of happy with the service and pleasantly surprised at the price. When I found the item number for the lens I looked on line and could not have obtained it for any less myself... just the labour charge.

Reactions: Veteran

·
Registered
11,014 Posts
In the great scheme of things, does it really matter? who actually go via the topic/header page!

Reactions: XZ4 and Veteran

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
@mods - Why isn't this in 'Idle Chit Chat' ??? It's not even a Land Rover ???
I do apologise Hmm. Would you prefer I left as I no longer own a Range Rover? I’m easy either way, up to you

Reactions: Maffy

·
Registered
8,279 Posts
Where we moved too .... this is technical ...is too me fences mirrors sensors Jaguars all very technical

·
Registered
11,014 Posts
Buckfast, Brown paper, dark Corner-Coma-yes, see where your coming from Donna!

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
It’s a Jaguar Land Rover product. JLR but should not be on here because it’s a Jaguar not Range Rover Evoque (any model or variant). I’m off to see about re-enlisting. I can still load magazines - as long as I’m sitting down.
Please see emojis...
sorry Hmm, was on my iPhone & didn’t see the emojis ?

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Just looked up the ambient temp sensor. Available at about £10 on line. JLR dealer will no doubt be in the region of £70+ Then add on labour to replace it so I’d imagine a bill in excess of £350 If I’m lucky!

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Thanks Phil. The tech when he came said that to replace the sensor it involves removing the mirror not just the glass in order to remove and re connect the new one. As the car is still under warranty (though having the clipped the mirror this is my own fault) I am reluctant to mess with it and invalidate any possible future warranty claims. We all know about JLR and get out clauses!

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I think my last JLR mirror was about £850.

Painting costs are a large part of it.
I don’t need a mirror or glass, just replace the ambient temp sensor. The mirror & glass are not marked or broken.

·
Registered
11,014 Posts
They will be as soon as a JLR Techie gets his 16 year old spotty hands on it!!!!

Reactions: XZ4 and Bazz

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
A new business opportunity for someone perhaps❓❓. A Mortgage Company especially for JLR spares & repairs.:unsure:

Reactions: Maffy

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Well booked in first thing in the morning. Going to watch the bill the part is on line @ £10

·
Registered
11,014 Posts
Multiply that by 300 & you may be close-good luck dear chum!

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Best of luck for tomorrow. (y) (y)

·
Registered
11,014 Posts
Hope they empty your bank and take your pension!!!!! (Joking) xx

Reactions: XZ4
21 - 40 of 72 Posts