Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got a yellow warning on the dash. Called out Jaguar breakdown who informed me the ambient temp sensor in the mirror is broken. Got it booked in for the 27th, wonder what the bill for that will be? ££££ no doubt. My own fault, I should of told Mrs V not to park on MY drive!

·
Super Moderator
10,363 Posts
Ker ching £££££££££

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
You Veteran are a star, painful when you smack your car but is easy done-had only had mine less than a week when i took a load of trim off it in a carpark in leipzig-felt sick!!!

Still your chum

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I only just touched the fence post & it partly knocked the lower casing off. I just snapped it back into position & thought nothing more of it once I’d stopped swearing! In the morning when I started up the warning came on saying exhaust fault. Strange, just done 500 mile round trip over the weekend. Technician diagnosed the fault, perfectly safe to ignore the yellow warning but the car thinks the air temp is sub-zero so rear screen heater comes on & the tyre pressures will be reading wrong.
still my friend 😁

·
Registered
7,422 Posts
Might not be too expensive Veteran ....hope you get it fixed ok .... your dashboard reading like the weather warnings on met office this week ..... snow ,bales etc came to nothing really hope your warnings don’t either....

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Might not be too expensive Veteran ....hope you get it fixed ok .... your dashboard reading like the weather warnings on met office this week ..... snow ,bales etc came to nothing really hope your warnings don’t either....
thanks Donna, its booked in on 27th. Don’t think the part will be too much ( LR price = mega £) labour though will be 😮😮😮

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It’s not the surround, it’s the ambient temp sensor. Mirror off jobby. It’s with the puddle light,

·
Super Moderator
2,294 Posts
Clumsy Vet...!

Does the sensor come separately, I would not be surprised if JLR will only sell the complete Mirror assembly. Be interesting what it costs!

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
Exavtly Philskill-that seems to be the way nowadays.
Veteran will be making a puddle when he gets the bill!!!!!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
At least door mirrors nowadays can take a bit of abuse by getting knocked back into the folding position. Years ago when I first started driving I had a Ford Cortina with fixed wing mirrors, and my Dads driveway was over a very narrow metal sided bridge. Well a few beers and a reverse out across the bridge..BANG...not only the mirror ripped off but it took some of the wing with it :oops:

I think we can forgive Veteran, as most of us have made a self inflicting 'boo boo' in our motoring career :p

Wing mirror before the smash....

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
At least door mirrors nowadays can take a bit of abuse by getting knocked back into the folding position. Years ago when I first started driving I had a Ford Cortina with fixed wing mirrors, and my Dads driveway was over a very narrow metal sided bridge. Well a few beers and a reverse out across the bridge..BANG...not only the mirror ripped off but it took some of the wing with it :oops:

I think we can forgive Veteran, as most of us have made a 'boo boo' in our motoring career :p
thanks for the sympathy vote Colin.

·
Super Moderator
10,363 Posts

I think we can forgive Veteran, as most of us have made a self inflicting 'boo boo' in our motoring career :p

Wing mirror before the smash....
Ar$e licker ;)

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
@mods - Why isn't this in 'Idle Chit Chat' ??? It's not even a Land Rover 😁😁😁

·
Super Moderator
10,363 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts