Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been researching an upgrade for the headunit on my evoque and have looked through the forum but all I can find are posts relating to members upgrading the Bosh headunit with carplay. I was wondering if anyone else has undertaken the upgrade on the Harman unit and what retro unit they used possibly highlight any problems?

I found a decent video of a company that does the Harman upgrade in AUS here

And found some helpful info on their website Range Rover Evoque Apple CarPlay/Android Auto System.

Also found the same unit on aliexpress for a bit cheaper 314.9US $ |Exploter Wireless Carplay Upgrade Accessoriesc for F Pace XE XF XJ, Land Rover Discovery Sport, Range Rover Evoque Vogue 2017 19|Vehicle GPS| - AliExpress

Might just need to bite the bullet and have a go

Reactions: Stanboy

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm in exactly the same situation. Did you attempt this install?

The video shows installation under the seat. But all the Bosch guys seem to install behind the screen. I guess Harman is an under the seat install??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not attempted just yet as off on holiday next week so might have a go when we get back. Really would like to get it upgraded as still love the car but the only drawback is the missing carplay.

you are rightthe bosh install goesinto the back of the head unit where our Harmon system is under the seat. Both look pretty straight forward but just need a bit of time to do it all. Would be great to hear from someone who carried out the install and get some feedback on if it was worthwhile and seamless

·
Registered
Evoque 2.0 d 2016 black and the love of my life
25 Posts
Not attempted just yet as off on holiday next week so might have a go when we get back. Really would like to get it upgraded as still love the car but the only drawback is the missing carplay.

you are rightthe bosh install goesinto the back of the head unit where our Harmon system is under the seat. Both look pretty straight forward but just need a bit of time to do it all. Would be great to hear from someone who carried out the install and get some feedback on if it was worthwhile and seamless
Hey fella,

I'm in the same position and wanted to check if you did bite the bullet and gave it ago. Any success?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've ordered the kit now too. Been quoted 2 weeks delivery and I'll attempt the install once it arrives. I'll be sure to update this post with info.
That would be awesome if you could and it's not too much trouble! Really looking forward to seeing this. Which kit did you order?

·
Registered
13 Posts
That would be awesome if you could and it's not too much trouble! Really looking forward to seeing this. Which kit did you order?
I ordered this kit. Not too much choice with Harman systems, but i found this company via Aliexpress and ordered direct from them, for £226 it's worth a punt.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey fella,

I'm in the same position and wanted to check if you did bite the bullet and gave it ago. Any success?
I not had chance to place an order for the kit just yet as only got back form holiday on Tuesday, will take a look this weekend as am getting desperate for carplay now

Reactions: blacky165

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ordered this kit. Not too much choice with Harman systems, but i found this company via Aliexpress and ordered direct from them, for £226 it's worth a punt.

Looks like the exact same kit as Aliexpress but cheaper, thanks for posting this blacky, if they get it to you in two weeks let me know as i might order the same one (y)

·
Registered
2017 Evoque HSE Dynamic Carpathian Grey 2.0 diesel
1,143 Posts

It would be great to know how you get on installing it & when installed what you think of it, please keep us updated.👍😊

·
Registered
25 Posts

That looks pucker! It's says 2017-2019... I've got a 2016! Have I just missed out? I'm going to drop them a message... thanks for sharing buddy

·
Registered
13 Posts
That looks pucker! It's says 2017-2019... I've got a 2016! Have I just missed out? I'm going to drop them a message... thanks for sharing buddy
Mine is also 2016, but I'm going to try and install it anyway. The kit has arrived now (via a customer return from the UK). Not awfully impressed 'Exploter' gave my address to a 3rd party and shipped me an open unit. But its clearly unused and it avoids any potential custom charges. The wiring is pretty straight forward once you see it in person. I'll attempt this install in the next week or so, desperate to install it, but real lack of time at the moment.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mine is also 2016, but I'm going to try and install it anyway. The kit has arrived now (via a customer return from the UK). Not awfully impressed 'Exploter' gave my address to a 3rd party and shipped me an open unit. But its clearly unused and it avoids any potential custom charges. The wiring is pretty straight forward once you see it in person. I'll attempt this install in the next week or so, desperate to install it, but real lack of time at the moment.
Yeah not great getting a customer return, makes you wonder why it might have been returned in the first place. Usually a company would recipt the good and test verify that everything is ok before selling the goods as a refurb at a discount. But like you say at least it is quicker with none of the worry about customs etc.

Looking forward to hear how you get on and any feedback you might have

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah not great getting a customer return, makes you wonder why it might have been returned in the first place. Usually a company would recipt the good and test verify that everything is ok before selling the goods as a refurb at a discount. But like you say at least it is quicker with none of the worry about customs etc.

Looking forward to hear how you get on and any feedback you might have
Me too! Looking forward to hearing how it goes! And maybe... you could help fit the one I buy! 🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽

·
Registered
25 Posts
Man I love your optimism! It's firing me up too to get this put in! Please keep me updated as I'm desperate too to get this in! I don't even have sat nav so this would be my saviour

1 - 17 of 17 Posts