Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
10,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard about this first over on the BMW Forum and got my e-mail today.

Click2protect UK Limited www.car2cover.co.uk

Have notified me that Enterprise Insurance Company will be enterering Liquidation on 26 October 2016.

So myself and many others will no longer have GAP cover from that date. There will be some form of compnsation, but, how do you get revised GAP Insurance? If for example you have 4 years to run on your GAP as most policies only allow you to buy GAP upto the 6 month old point of your new car.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Surprised click2connect won't offer to sell you a suitable product - probably for more than the compensation though.

·
10,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never said they wouldn't as I haven't posed that question to them, I'm in my last year of the policy so no big deal.

I was asking a general question based on the standard policy statement. Cover needs to be set by the 6 months old point.

It will be very relevant to other policy holders.

·
Vendor
99 Posts
Evo-king said:
I heard about this first over on the BMW Forum and got my e-mail today.

Click2protect UK Limited www.car2cover.co.uk

Have notified me that Enterprise Insurance Company will be enterering Liquidation on 26 October 2016.

So myself and many others will no longer have GAP cover from that date.
There will be some form of compnsation, but, how do you get revised GAP Insurance? If for example you have 4 years to run on your GAP as most policies only allow you to buy GAP upto the 6 month old point of your new car.
Note that this isn't actually the case. The advice given by Car2Cover in this regard is actually incorrect.

See here: http://www.motorwaydirect.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Notice-to-all-brokers-of-EIC-plc-18_10_16.pdf

And here: http://www.fscs.org.uk/news/2016/october/enterprise-insurance-update/

It's only Motor Insurance policies that are being terminated as of October 26th.

GAP insurance and other insurance types will be dealt with at a later date and at this stage it looks like that will involve cover being moved/transferred to another provider rather than being cancelled outright (though that's yet to be confirmed).

·
Registered
76 Posts
I posted a message in the Insurance area a couple of days ago however it is still PENDING APPROVAL.
Is it a problem?
I was asking whether Sainsbury's insurance needed a tracker as I thought someone posted that they were ok with In Control.
Is that the case?

·
10,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not a problem, but there was a problem with the Insurance and Si4 Forum which has been rectified now, however, we Mods can't alway find these unapproved posts and that is a problem for us.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts