Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to do a service on the old evoque its early gen 2011 thought it would be straight forward but has become a puzzle the car cranks but won't start tried everything from priming to even pumping the air lock out from a pump and through the autel try starting with easy start cranks up but then revs a bit a and cuts back out any ideas what it is

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
2,226 Posts
Welcome to the EOC Qaz

Im sure you will have tried all this, but just in case….

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the EOC Qaz

Im sure you will have tried all this, but just in case….

Thanks for the welcome mate the guys did try to bleed it but was still being a nause im thinking can the egr cause it to not start

·
Registered
11 Posts
Decided to do a service on the old evoque its early gen 2011 thought it would be straight forward but has become a puzzle the car cranks but won't start tried everything from priming to even pumping the air lock out from a pump and through the autel try starting with easy start cranks up but then revs a bit a and cuts back out any ideas what it is
check any electrics you may of unplugged and if you are getting a good flow
from each injector when you crack them off while turning it over try a tow start
and the egr wont stop it starting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
check any electrics you may of unplugged and if you are getting a good flow
from each injector when you crack them off while turning it over try a tow start
and the egr wont stop it starting.
unless its an auto i should of added.

·
Registered
MY2016 Evoque Autobiography 2.0L DIESEL 5 DOOR / L538
345 Posts
It is almost certainly an air lock. I've had this on Ford TDCi engines. I had to put a large priming bulb in line and pump like crazy to get all the air out, then quickly remove it to stop the fuel draining back to the tank.

·
Registered
MY12 | 2.2 L Diesel | Dynamic Lux
75 Posts
I've seen people putting an air line into the fuel tank with a rag wrapped around it to push the air through the filter. I think you have to push quite a lot through to get all the air out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts