1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Y17 evoque Corris grey auto
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm Starky and new to this forum.
I have a 3year old evoque and each time I unlock the car it beeps twice.Would appreciate any feedback.
Thanks

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
2,072 Posts
My Evoque is an older model, but there is an audible lock and unlock setting that I immediately switched it off as it’s so annoying :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Evoque is an older model, but there is an audible lock and unlock setting that I immediately switched it off as it’s so annoying :)
Thanks for a quick response.Ican switch lock beep off,but handbook says if audible alarm goes off when unlocking there maybe a fault with the alarm sensors Seek dealer as soon as possible.££££££££.
Starky

·
Registered
P300e MY2021 Nolita Edition, Seoul Pearl Silver, Nolita Grey roof, sliding sunroof, Cloud , towbar
11 Posts
Sometimes it happens with my car too without an obvious reason. It should only do that if not all doors are properly locked. I just open one or more doors and close it again and do the same for the windows. It always closes fine after this

hopefully it helps for you too

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,350 Posts
Just checking this is for "unlocking" ?

There's an audible alarm for mislocking when locking an Evoque but I haven't heard of this when unlocking...

So I'm with @CoolBlueWhyte and this sounds like it could be a settings thing.

·
Registered
P300e MY2021 Nolita Edition, Seoul Pearl Silver, Nolita Grey roof, sliding sunroof, Cloud , towbar
11 Posts

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
I've had the same issue (twice!) and both times it proved to be a faulty door lock (passenger door first time and driver's door second time).
LandRover assist came out straight away and replaced the lock whilst I waited (took about 1 hr) and they carry the spare locks in their vans as this is a regular problem! (I think the lock is made in Germany).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sometimes it happens with my car too without an obvious reason. It should only do that if not all doors are properly locked. I just open one or more doors and close it again and do the same for the windows. It always closes fine after this

hopefully it helps for you too
Thanks.
Have tried doors,windows up and down but still beeping.All doors are locked with no problems.Looking like I may need to get a diagnostic check.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thanks.
Have tried doors,windows up and down but still beeping.All doors are locked with no problems.Looking like I may need to get a diagnostic check.
Don't forget the bonnet

·
Registered
9,252 Posts
Try a master reset... disconnect battery and leave for 10 minutes?

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,350 Posts
@Starky I would try all the doors after locking/unlocking!

PS see my previous post... Can you confirm you mean UNlockling :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@Starky I would try all the doors after locking/unlocking!

PS see my previous post... Can you confirm you mean UNlockling :)
Sorry re previous post. I did read it .The car locks with no problems. Only when unlocking it double beeps.
Thanks

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,350 Posts
Earlier you've said all doors are locked. Have you checked they are unlocking if that's where you are seeing the problem???

A search shows an old thread with the same symptoms and it looks like it was an interior sensor fault.

·
Registered
9,252 Posts
It could all be out of sync .. a maybe... I would start with checking the free fixes ... a reset can and has helped people before... also using a silicon spray on locks has helped ... there’s been several it’s worked for . There is a grommet on side of door pop off and use the extension nozzle to apply ... worked for me ... well it was landrover assist who did it and two years later all good still , like I said it’s worked for others and it’s a free fix before taking to a garage ... other half goes round locks every couple of months

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Earlier you've said all doors are locked. Have you checked they are unlocking if that's where you are seeing the problem???

A search shows an old thread with the same symptoms and it looks like it was an interior sensor fault.
Thanks.

Thanks.
Will look into that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It could all be out of sync .. a maybe... I would start with checking the free fixes ... a reset can and has helped people before... also using a silicon spray on locks has helped ... there’s been several it’s worked for . There is a grommet on side of door pop off and use the extension nozzle to apply ... worked for me ... well it was landrover assist who did it and two years later all good still , like I said it’s worked for others and it’s a free fix before taking to a garage ... other half goes round locks every couple of months
Thanks for advice and will look into.

·
Registered
MY2016 Evoque Autobiography 2.0L DIESEL 5 DOOR / L538
226 Posts
As alluded to above, check all the doors are actually locking & unlocking
i.e. Lock the doors with the remote then put the remote somewhere well away from the car and go back and try each door handle. You may well find one is unlocked.
Similarly, do the opposite and unlock the doors with the remote. Put the remote elsewhere and try all doors.
You could also repeat the above by unlocking the door passively (with you finger/thumb but not pressing the remote button), then putting the remote elsewhere and trying the doors... etc

1 - 20 of 20 Posts