Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 21 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So our new purchase has arrived!
Its a MY16 SE Tech in Santorini Black
We purchased from a car supermarket, but managed to work in a 3 yr warranty, so we have good guarantee. Plus with buying blind we have a 14 day refund option.
By the looks of it in a previous life it had been a lease car through Leaseplan - so all should have been taken care of mechanical wise.
I will give it a good drive around to see if all is in order - anything in particular I should be looking for?

There are several bits of paperwork referring to previous services & vehicle checks, it also has name & phone number of previous driver, so I may give a call to see if there are any issues they are aware of?

Just one little note - it has the warning triangle & tyre pressure warning on. The tyre pressures indicated on the vehicle info is about 4 or 5 psi lower than the recommended pressures - If I pump up will the warnings go, or do I need to do a reset?
Should it have hard copy manual or is it all online?

Any comments are more than welcome.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,951 Posts
Blow the tyres up and it should go away. Check the top of the glovebox (secret compartment) for the manual.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
The warnings should go, although I’m surprised they are there with being just4 psi down. I’m not sure what the parameters are. My MY20 came with a hard copy manual, so I assume the MY16 would have had one originally.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,951 Posts
The warnings should go, although I’m surprised they are there with being just4 psi down. I’m not sure what the parameters are. My MY20 came with a hard copy manual, so I assume the MY16 would have had one originally.
I agree with DKZ, i'm sure mine didnt show as low until they were down to about 27psi

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was actually 6 psi down all round. Pumped up now warnings have gone.
Will make enquiries about manual - mats missing too.
Cheers guys

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
11,778 Posts
Hope you enjoy it, mats and all.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
You can always get some nice personalised ones on fleabay for @ £30

·
Registered
11,778 Posts
Might have a new set in the garage your are welcome to if I can dig them out-will check when it stops raining.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Might have a new set in the garage your are welcome to if I can dig them out-will check when it stops raining.
Very kind pal - yes please if you can find them! 👍

·
Registered
11,778 Posts
I'll let you know Sir.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've just rushed outside to see if my MY20 has a secret glove box,but can't find a Handbook anywhere.
Where did you get your hard copy manual from DKZ5745?

·
Registered
11,778 Posts
Hi mib, sorry been and checked, I have ones for the Golf and AMG for the merc, can't see the evoque ones-Mrs M has had a tidy up.
They are there somewhere, if I do find them, will let you know and even if you get some you can have these free as spares-they are unused by the way as I always have rubber mats added to the cars so never use the carpet ones.
cheers.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi mib, sorry been and checked, I have ones for the Golf and AMG for the merc, can't see the evoque ones-Mrs M has had a tidy up.
They are there somewhere, if I do find them, will let you know and even if you get some you can have these free as spares-they are unused by the way as I always have rubber mats added to the cars so never use the carpet ones.
cheers.
Thanks pal, that will be great if they turn up

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,892 Posts
Good stuff - looking forward to some photos! :)

Remember to update your forum signature/profile with your Evoque spec.

It's good when people join this owners forum because they are Evoque 'fans' and haven't just joined when they have a problem and need to ask for advice! (y)

Reactions: Col_C

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just found another slight issue!
Power mirrors dont fold when locking.
Did some reading and it looks like drivers door not locking correctly.
Little catch above door handle stays out.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Done some more investigations and it does look like the drivers door.
I 'lock' on the fob and get the double beep error noise mirrors do not fold. Drivers door still opens and alarm sounds.
If I lean over and lock the drivers door manually, close the passenger door then 'lock' on the fob, all doors lock and mirrors fold.
When unlocking, the drivers door stays locked when all other open as they should.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Just found another slight issue!
Power mirrors dont fold when locking.
Did some reading and it looks like drivers door not locking correctly.
Little catch above door handle stays out.
Congrats on the purchase.
If the car goes to auction, then mats get disappeared and usually sold on flebay.

Power folding option is in the odometer settings.

Not sure about the driver door locking but there is a thread which suggest to use lubricant and these issues get resolved.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Congrats on the purchase.
If the car goes to auction, then mats get disappeared and usually sold on flebay.

Power folding option is in the odometer settings.

Not sure about the driver door locking but there is a thread which suggest to use lubricant and these issues get resolved.
Would that just be lubricating the lock catch on the door (without removing door card?)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Would that just be lubricating the lock catch on the door (without removing door card?)
I think this thread covers it

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks. Good thread and video. Looks a little fiddly, but with plenty of patience shouldn't be too much of a problem

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I've just rushed outside to see if my MY20 has a secret glove box,but can't find a Handbook anywhere.
Where did you get your hard copy manual from DKZ5745?
I got mine in a plastic folder in the glove box when I picked the car up

1 - 21 of 65 Posts