Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fit 3 child seats in the back ?

We have a third child on the way so a new car is in order. I visited many show rooms today and the only dead cert was the Volvo xc90 which just looked bland.

The guys at my local dealership couldnt tell me, so I wondered if anyone on here would know.

Thanks in advance.

·
10,626 Posts
Other than current owners, who can physically check this out, there's a guy on here Paul "Mortz" who works in one of the Welsh dealerships, he might be able to help.

Your question regards 3 seats rather than 3 little ones.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Soz no children seats , but have a 16 year old and 11 year od and still get a friend in between them - seems more room than our last car which was a VW Tiguan . Love the evoque - hope you will too .

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm not so sure if you would get 3 in guess it depends on the size of them i think it might be a bit tight unless they are slim ones. Have tried with 2 and I'm not sure I could squeeze another in.

Why not take a long test drive and go to mothercare and get them to try and get 3 in?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I can just get 3 seats in the back of my RRS and it's a real pain in the... We've ordered a 4-across seat for the Evoque from.www.multimac.co.uk and they'll even upholster it to match the leather interior! Only problem is that with our car now delayed by a month we'll have the kids seat a month before the motor!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I took delivery on the 3'rd of Nov. I have 2 kids. Lets not fool ourselves, this is a very small car. Bare in mind, There are only 2 isofix anchor points (well 4 so therefore place for only 2 child seats). I have put the 2 seats in and an adult in the middle before tho. (What you can also do, is put a forward facing booster seat in the front passenger seat, and a iso-fixed baby seat base in the back in the middle (anchored by an isofix point from each left and right side) This works well for me.

You are going to need a bigger car later on with having 3 kiddos no doubt. But you'll get by for now with the evoque if you pack wisely and plan ahead. But before you get forced into the mundane life of driving things like a Chrysler voyager etc for the next...long LONG long long loong time
..., Enjoy life now while you can. (Plus if you decide to sell in say 6 months, you should get all your money back
)

I can honestly say, it's a bit small, the infotainment system is not fast enough, and you can't rest your arms nicely and the visibility from inside is not great, but man, every other aspect like speed, comfort, suspension, agility, dynamics, power(Si4 petrol), gizmos, and most of all, head turning ability etc are FANTASTIC!
What a car!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts