Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have cameras giving 360 views but, I never use them, not even the reversing view!
am I a complete ludite or are they ignored by the majority.
Related in a way, I don’t and can’t think of any use for TV or DVD particularly as the system only allows a few minutes use without the engine running.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
12,595 Posts
I used the front cameras occasionally when exiting a blind junction. Found it very useful.

·
Super Moderator
2,588 Posts
Use the reverse for parking, dvd player never.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I use the camera's all the time, rear view + 360 for manual parking, also keep an eye on automatic parking with the camera's. Some of the places I park when we go for a walk are shall we say 'Challenging' so can put the forward view on to look for rocks or holes/dips.

The side cameras are useful for parking next to a high pavement edge so not to scuff your alloys.

The few minutes you can use items running with the ignition on is too short and a PITB.

·
Registered
P300e MY2021 Nolita Edition, Seoul Pearl Silver, Nolita Grey roof, sliding sunroof, Cloud , towbar
11 Posts
Use it often. On my newly ordered Evoque i made sure they were included. DVD player is not used anymore.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Use the front cameras occasionally and the rear always. - Both very useful aids and miss them on my wife's Audi.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I forgot the other ones that is used the one in the Sharks Fin for the 'Clear View Rear Mirror'.

Also there are two forwards facing camera's next to the rear view mirror on the front windscreen for the 'Driving Aids' eg traffic sign recognition, AEB, ALIM, Lane Keeping, etc.

So yes all 8 camera's are used often.

There is another not so know about camera inside the car for the 'Driver Condition Monitor' using AI technology, which makes use of a driver-facing camera, we Know ours work as when our daughter was driving us a few weeks and she set it off !.

Remember to clean the lens .

·
Registered
MY13 dynamic 190 5 door - firenze red
129 Posts
i only have rear camera and the dvd.
use neither.
just weird to look at your dash to reverse
the parking sensor beeps is my main guide and i still use shop windows for parking.
learned in the 70's with cars from the 60's with 1 mirror on the drivers wing,, (how i park a 40ft lorry most days 🤣 )
i was in lorrys from i could reach the pedals (private ground) and when i done my car test the instructor marked me down as a minus for not once using my rear view mirror, a bonus it had 2 door mirrors i guess. 🤣

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
The rear view camera is excellent - especially the tramlines which give you where the wheels and body are moving to - these lines change of course as you move the steering wheel!
The rear side sensors are also very helpful when reversing out of what I would call a supermarket space, where you have cars parked either side and there are cars whizzing past the back of you as you reverse out of the parking space!
I've never used the dvd or the tv.

·
Registered
2012 SD4 Dynamic Lux
1,544 Posts
I use the reversing one all the time. Used the DVD player once when we first bought the car and I asked my wife to drive while I watched 'Goldfinger' on it but she got the hump after about 15 minutes when I kept 'shooshing' her. Normally watch the TV when I’m waiting to pick up wife from station - engine running of course.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mixed bag of answers really. I can’t help thinking I can easily look over my shoulder and in the mirrors. Mind, I also think I can turn on the lights, wipers and open and close the tailgate. No wonder I need new batteries!

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Not much view looking back through the small rear window compared to the rear camera!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I use the reversing one all the time. Used the DVD player once when we first bought the car and I asked my wife to drive while I watched 'Goldfinger' on it but she got the hump after about 15 minutes when I kept 'shooshing' her. Normally watch the TV when I’m waiting to pick up wife from station - engine running of course.
she must drive really slow. it turns off the screen after 4mph :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
12,595 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
whats different, ?? the screen is in the centre of mine turns off the video, leaves on the audio.
hows the passenger any different?

·
Super Moderator
12,595 Posts
With the TV option you can press the split screen button and the passenger sees the TV on the same screen but the driver can't see it. I believe there are 2 sets of pixels. It's witchcraft 😜

1 - 16 of 16 Posts