Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Evoque MY16 had both the rear HD camera and the front cameras (for junction view) replaced with new upgraded versions as it appears moisture/ dirt/ dust has ingressed passed the seal inducing poor image quality and causing failure of the auto-park system.

Only 4 weeks later and the "new" rear camera has developed a milky-white haze around the outside again and the images are dreadful. Needs returning back for investigation.

Anyone else experiencing similar camera issues?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've had my Evoque 13 months now. Had a new rear camera fitted after ten days, the lens was full of moisture. Not had a problem since, the lens does get dirty quicker than my previous saloon car, but a quick wipe with my finger returns a lovely sharp image.

·
Super Moderator
7,323 Posts
Just check your camera is the latest issue and they haven't fobbed you off with a previous old stock casing.
Just make sure that the case (bezel) has 2 x 6mm Deill Holes in the case....you'll have to bow down and have a close look.....but worth a check.
Since I've had the new camera (on my third one in 14 months) it's been ok, touch wood....

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the camera problems persist.

I have now had 3 different rear cameras fitted and still the moisture ingresses yet the 2 new cameras they fitted onto the front have been OK (touches wood and prays..!!
)

It is now the subject of a dealers technical note and is going back in AGAIN for the fourth time whereby they will have the vehicle for a week and finally "resolve" the issue, I'm assured.

Anyone else having moisture ingress passed the seal?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had my new Evoque in January 16. The rear camera lens misted up from day one. I took it back, waited 30 mins for a new lens to be fitted and it's been as clear ever since. I do put wax polish on it regularly though. Good luck.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Spiderman said:
Just check your camera is the latest issue and they haven't fobbed you off with a previous old stock casing.
Just make sure that the case (bezel) has 2 x 6mm Deill Holes in the case....you'll have to bow down and have a close look.....but worth a check.
Since I've had the new camera (on my third one in 14 months) it's been ok, touch wood....
I have no issues since this version was fitted at the end of January.

·
Super Moderator
7,323 Posts
Strange as new cameras now don't have the holes drilled.....mmmmm???

·
Registered
455 Posts
Spiderman said:
Strange as new cameras now don't have the holes drilled.....mmmmm???

True, just had a new rear camera fitted on my MY16 with no holes in casing.

Probably not find out if ok until next winter now.

·
Super Moderator
7,323 Posts
Talking to the engineers, they believe they have solved the issue by putting a different type of air inlet to the housing to allow air circulation without the x2 drill holes, which apparently was only a short term fix, so they "should" be all better now..... mine was perfect with the x2 drill holes so seemed to have done the trick allowing air in.....not rocket science really was it .

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
i had 2 new cameras ... and then had the holes drilled and touching wood as i type seems to have worked .... you need the holes drilled :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
My car was in last Friday for a software update to cure a bluetooth issue and they checked the rear camera for some reason and told me i needed a new one as the image wasn't as sharp as it should be, one on order but 2-3 weeks as they are on back order at the factory

·
Super Moderator
7,323 Posts
Please report back if the new cameras have holes drilled in.....I bet they don't....

·
Registered
455 Posts
My new camera didn't have the re-assuring holes but it's only been fitted about a month so not sure about its longevity.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi new here have had my Evoque approx 6 months on 16 plate and typically just out of warranty and the cameras are completely Misty now. Awaiting on RR to come back as I have said Thai is a know problem but is there anyway to clean inside the lense if they won’t replace. Reluctant to buy replacements as I could end up with the same issue and a £400 lighter
Cheers
Wils

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi Wils

They can be taken apart, link below re similar issues, try a forum search re taking apart re internal cleaning

S

·
Registered
MY2016 Evoque Autobiography 2.0L DIESEL 5 DOOR / L538
156 Posts
In case my cameras go misty in the future, please could someone post a photo of where the holes have been drilled to allow air to circulate ? Thanks.

·
Registered
170 Posts
My MY18 (registered late 17) is booked in Monday for a relacement rear camera, existing has been foggy for the past few months, tried a hair dryer on it a few weeks back but didn't help. They can have a look at getting the web browser working again while they've got it too. :rolleyes:
This site may be of interest -
You are being redirected...
There's apparently 2 types of camera (think mine's a 4-pin).

·
Registered
54 Posts
My 65 plate is booked in on the 27th for someone to have a look at the rear camera and the battery as my start stop doesn't work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys! New here ! Just one quick question. I have a Evoque 16 plate and I have a rear camera but I don't have the option to see the camera when I reverse.
Could it be that I have the camera but not the right software? Please advise.Thanks

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,661 Posts
Hi Flick and welcome. The rear camera should come on automatically when you put the car in reverse.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts