Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was just wanting some advice, I have found and am looking at buying a 2016 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic, it has only done 15,000 and have checked the recent MOT done a week ago and found that it passed with no advisories.

I am quite young but I have been lucky enough to have some money given to me and I have always dreamed about having a Range Rover.

I do, however, know there can be issues with Range Rovers and was just looking for some general tips and advice regarding purchasing one and the upkeep/what can go wrong/how much can this cost etc etc! If anyone could help me out that would be great.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,951 Posts
Hi Sophie and welcome. Mine was a 2016 model too. Are you looking at a 2.0 Diesel ? If you are and drive in town all the time you will have problems. They need a good run regularly (every 2/3 weeks).

Reactions: SophieA15

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Sophie and welcome. Mine was a 2016 model too. Are you looking at a 2.0 Diesel ? If you are and drive in town all the time you will have problems. They need a good run regularly (every 2/3 weeks).
Hi! Thank you :). Yes, I am looking at a 2.0 litre automatic diesel. I will drive round town quite a bit to get to work and back but me and my partner do go on long drives around the countryside near us and also visit the local city quite a lot (around 40 miles away). I have just always wanted a Range Rover and now have the chance to get one but I am just slightly worried about anything going wrong with it! The one I have found as mentioned is 15,000 which is an amazing mileage for it's age. How long did you have yours and did you have many problems?

Wow! Love the Range Rover you had very sporty looking and the Jaguar looks really nice as I can see in your profile pic!

Thanks so much again!

·
Super Moderator
11,951 Posts
I had mine for 2 years, from 6 months old and no problems apart from needing the oil changed at 9500 miles instead of 21000 miles due to dilution but that's fairly normal as you'll read on here. Great cars so just go for it and enjoy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had mine for 2 years, from 6 months old and no problems apart from needing the oil changed at 9500 miles instead of 21000 miles due to dilution but that's fairly normal as you'll read on here. Great cars so just go for it and enjoy.
Thank you for your help :)

·
Registered
7,643 Posts
Hi & welcome. Lovely cars, I’ve had 2 & loved both. As Xz4 said your only main problem would be oil dilution or DPF but as you are doing a run on a fairly regular basis you should have no major worries. The only other things that could possibly give way are the Haldex & srpteering rack bolts but they are both very rare. Any car can give problems and faults but the Evoque is mainly bullet proof so don’t worry too much. Like XZ4 I only changed mine to get a Jag. Good luck & go for it, it’s got very low mileage for its age so I can’t see a problem. Are you getting it from a dealer, if so check if it comes with any form of warranty.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi & welcome. Lovely cars, I’ve had 2 & loved both. As Xz4 said your only main problem would be oil dilution or DPF but as you are doing a run on a fairly regular basis you should have no major worries. The only other things that could possibly give way are the Haldex & srpteering rack bolts but they are both very rare. Any car can give problems and faults but the Evoque is mainly bullet proof so don’t worry too much. Like XZ4 I only changed mine to get a Jag. Good luck & go for it, it’s got very low mileage for its age so I can’t see a problem. Are you getting it from a dealer, if so check if it comes with any form of warranty.
Hi, thank you very much :). I had found this through a dealer but unfortunately they sold it yesterday (typical!) so I am gutted :( the colour I want is Kaikoura Stone so quite a hard colour to get a hold of! I have found two others in this colour that are 65 reg and 16 reg but they have done 36/38,000 miles, do you think this would still be okay? :) touchwood and of course you can't really say but you will know more than me!

·
Registered
7,643 Posts
36/38 k Miles is nothing to worry about, they are still low mileages for the marque. Check the service history and maintenance records, also That they have the latest updates for both software and navigation.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
36/38 k Miles is nothing to worry about, they are still low mileages for the marque. Check the service history and maintenance records, also That they have the latest updates for both software and navigation.
Thank you for your help :) I will look into these, fingers crossed one is for me!

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Welcome and good luck in your search, Sophie.

Mine is a MY 16 (manufacturing year model) 65 plate which I have had since 6 months old. No problems apart from getting a passenger door lever replaced under warranty.
Plus had annual oil change by local independent.

·
Super Moderator
11,951 Posts
As Veteran says 36/38k miles in nothing for these cars. Kaikoura stone is a great colour. Go for it girl !!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all so much for your help!! :) fingers crossed I can secure one of the two I have found!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Welcome, Sophie.
With 2016 onward, average -higher mileage evoques may have rectified 'common problems'. So don't be shy to go with average miles.

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Try and buy from a main dealer, the warranty is a must with these cars in my opinion... if when it runs out get a third party one as all repairs are expensive... you can also check the cars history first by entering the VIN number int TOPIX online to see it’s been serviced etc just take a screenshot of it on windscreen before parting with cash if not approved used..I recently got a third party warranty for £470 about half the price of landrover one for piece of mind ... this company covers DPF if a regen cannot be forced ... and most of the expensive fixes that can occour ... great car to own and lovely looking

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome, Sophie.
With 2016 onward, average -higher mileage evoques may have rectified 'common problems'. So don't be shy to go with average miles.
Thank you! Unfortunately the one I had found sold last night :(. I have found another with 38,000 and a 65 reg. I think that mileage is around average for that age? fingers crossed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Try and buy from a main dealer, the warranty is a must with these cars in my opinion... if when it runs out get a third party one as all repairs are expensive... you can also check the cars history first by entering the VIN number int TOPIX online to see it’s been serviced etc just take a screenshot of it on windscreen before parting with cash if not approved used..I recently got a third party warranty for £470 about half the price of landrover one for piece of mind ... this company covers DPF if a regen cannot be forced ... and most of the expensive fixes that can occour ... great car to own and lovely looking
Thank you! I have found a car at a dealership in Manchester, it isn't a Land Rover garage but according to Trust Pilot etc. it has good reviews, they have said they will fully MOT and fix any problems if any occur with the MOT before I buy. Thank you for your tips I will definitely make sure that I get some type of warranty or if not I will get my own as you have said.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Thank you! I have found a car at a dealership in Manchester, it isn't a Land Rover garage but according to Trust Pilot etc. it has good reviews, they have said they will fully MOT and fix any problems if any occur with the MOT before I buy. Thank you for your tips I will definitely make sure that I get some type of warranty or if not I will get my own as you have said.
As far as its not this dealer (manchester based), you should be good.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi again Donna,

I have done this test and it has indicated this as 'outstanding campaigns'
OUTSTANDING CAMPAIGNS
Not sure if you would have any idea what this is :) but you would have a much better idea than me! Thanks

1 - 20 of 29 Posts