Evoque Owners Club banner

121 - 140 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
12,218 Posts
But those 27 miles will be joyful- Merc only gets an average of 30, but recharges itself and can be topped up at one of the pods-love driving in electric mode-also don’t forget currently there are no congestion charges to pay in London-£25 a day!
gotta love it.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Done ! (I think I might have been) I have some spare CR2032’s in a box upstairs 👍 maybe I could link them in serial, and get some of Doink’s 250kw electric & it should circle the globe on a full charge 🤣

·
Registered
130 Posts
A journalist correspondent emailed this afternoon confirming that JLR is "urgently" seeking to 'pool' its CO2 corporate average with another manufacturer. If and when it finds an eco-friendly "CO2-Buddy" JLR will start delivering the cars it has already built and resume the order taking. As things stand the PHEV produces more CO2 than they can afford. This version of events would fit with a new story on Yahoo.:

·
Registered
235 Posts
I think I might just be making a call to `JLR & seeing what they’ll give me against mine for one of these MY21 hybrids that everybody is cancelling 🤔 BIK doesn’t bother me 😁
I’m not cancelling mine DK

Reactions: ukcommander

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Let me know if you change your mind 😀

·
Registered
235 Posts
I’ve been waiting since March DK, there’s more chance of me winning the lottery than cancell my order

Reactions: ukcommander

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,227 Posts
BIK doesn’t bother me, but EV range does! I’ll sell you mine if you want 👍

It’s a 1.5ltr unproven engine with a CR2032 size battery...! 🤣🤣🤣
I thought everyone realised the current and proposed LR PHEVs were only very low mileage...

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,227 Posts
I think my plan is to keep my old Evoque for a while longer and see how things pan out.
May have to go petrol before going EV to give them time to improve things!

·
Registered
BMW M4 Competition & BMW 730 M-Sport
982 Posts
Well, we all know why the journalists didn’t get their hands on a P300e to review....as they would have exposed Land Rovers lies around the EV range dropping from a published and heavily advertised 41miles to a pissy 27miles.

C’mon lets boost orders during COVID by lying to our customers eh!? Why do this Land Rover? I really do hope JLR suffer badly to the point its the start of their demise...keep lying Land Rover and take Jaguar down with you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mmmmm....!

Land Rover now says the lowest emitting model records 44 g/km and has an electric range of 43 km (27 miles), compared to 66 km previously. The automaker declined to say which model reaches those levels.

The company said it aims to improve those figures in future versions.

“Work is ongoing, as the business emerges from the COVID-19 pandemic, to deliver the extended electric range and lower CO2 figures,” Land Rover said, adding that the two SUVs “remain among the segment leaders” on range and economy.
Orders are schedule to restart on Oct. 26, the company said.

The sales halt is a blow to parent Jaguar Land Rover, which was counting on the SUVs to help push the automaker’s fleet CO2 below the limit it needs to reach, which is 132 g/km, to avoid EU fines this year. The Evoque and Discovery Sport are JLR’s two best-selling models in Europe.

When the marketing material was released in spring for the Disco Sport & Evoke PHEV, the Disco had the lower projected mileage on battery alone. This makes sense as the Disco is bigger/heavier. So the chances are that new low figure (27 miles) is for the Disco, with the Evoke doing a few more.

I'm disappointed (I have a Disco Sport p300e on order), but I'm not cancelling. Just hope we don't wait much longer.

·
Registered
982 Posts
If running on EV only, the range drop should normally be minimal. For example our i3 drops c. 3-5% of its range over a 200mile distance during colder days. Our i3 is bob-on it’s advertised EV range during normal conditions with little to no drop, so why would the Evoque be any different under EV running to an i3 ? Why has JLR revised the battery range under normal conditions from 41 to 27? I expect range drop, that’s to be expected (and it’s life), but the new % difference is not good enough in my eyes as my hard earned cash was supposed to be buying a car with a better EV range than I’ll end up getting. Oh, and my leading-edge Evoque is already out of date due to a newer model being launched 3 months later with equally shite EV range 😂😂😂😂

So, it’s let’s see if the dealer calls me to confirm the questions I posed to her yesterday before I send her my cancellation email in the morning. I will not give liars my money!

Reactions: Ryecade

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,227 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
The published brochure clearly states 37-41 miles on EV

Thats what I was advised by the dealer and my fully comprehensive build spec from Halewood says 38-41 miles.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Numerous mentions of "up to 34 miles" on the LR website. I haven't checked to see if this article dated April has been changed or always been 34:

Prior to this whole debacle it was 41, this has been revised to 34 for all specs.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,227 Posts
That RAVoke bloke is going to love this! :ROFLMAO:o_O

·
Registered
982 Posts
...a reputable organisation such as Automotive News Europe states 27miles....so someone is either wrong...or still lying about it.

Reactions: JRE

·
Registered
130 Posts
HmmmUK, there's nothing in this sorry saga for any rational British patriot to celebrate. Regulation 715/2007 was published in June 2007 so JLR has had over 13 years to prepare for the changes coming in at the end of this year. Why did a massive company with thirteen years to prepare for such a big regulatory change manage to get it so wrong? Are you happy about the senior management's performance? If you were a shareholder, would you be happy with the financial results of the last 3 years? Would you worry that the company's bonds are now viewed as "junk", obliging it to pay 7.75% per annum to borrow $700 million of working capital?

This company always blames external factors for its problems. Even this latest issue has been externalised - it appears that Covid-19 caused JLR to overstate the performance figures, while understating the emissions. How stupid do they think customers are? We are all stakeholders in the success of JLR, if you hadn't realised it. But this is not Russia and JLR is not AvtoVaz. Constructive criticism is vital in a democracy, it's how we improve things. Smart management learns from its mistakes. Smart management listens to its customers. Smart management looks beyond its own comp plan and thinks about the long-term success of the enterprise. Smart management doesn't let an egotistic design team dominate strategy and subjugate engineering to the role of an internal service provider.

Perhaps if the tail stopped wagging the dog in that respect, things might take a turn for the better. As a proud British patriot, I wish JLR every possible success. But it's not going to achieve it without some serious changes. Soap box stowed.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,227 Posts
I knew you'd love it :p

Reactions: PhilB

·
Registered
982 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
HmmmUK, there's nothing in this sorry saga for any rational British patriot to celebrate. Regulation 715/2007 was published in June 2007 so JLR has had over 13 years to prepare for the changes coming in at the end of this year. Why did a massive company with thirteen years to prepare for such a big regulatory change manage to get it so wrong? Are you happy about the senior management's performance? If you were a shareholder, would you be happy with the financial results of the last 3 years? Would you worry that the company's bonds are now viewed as "junk", obliging it to pay 7.75% per annum to borrow $700 million of working capital?

This company always blames external factors for its problems. Even this latest issue has been externalised - it appears that Covid-19 caused JLR to overstate the performance figures, while understating the emissions. How stupid do they think customers are? We are all stakeholders in the success of JLR, if you hadn't realised it. But this is not Russia and JLR is not AvtoVaz. Constructive criticism is vital in a democracy, it's how we improve things. Smart management learns from its mistakes. Smart management listens to its customers. Smart management looks beyond its own comp plan and thinks about the long-term success of the enterprise. Smart management doesn't let an egotistic design team dominate strategy and subjugate engineering to the role of an internal service provider.

Perhaps if the tail stopped wagging the dog in that respect, things might take a turn for the better. As a proud British patriot, I wish JLR every possible success. But it's not going to achieve it without some serious changes. Soap box stowed.
👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

121 - 140 of 258 Posts