101 - 120 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,227 Posts
I had never heard of todaynewspost - they have 4 followers on Twitter so I guess they are no BBC/SKY :)

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
& a link directly to this thread 🤔

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had never heard of todaynewspost - they have 4 followers on Twitter so I guess they are no BBC/SKY :)
Always one that has to rain on my parade. I'm stood at the office window waiting to sign autographs on outdated Evoque PHEV brochures to the crowds that will soon be massing.......surely?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oh well, BMW are issuing a global recall of c. 26,700 of their Hybrids built in 2020 due to a fire risk! It includes their entire Hybrid range including the Mini and the i8.
Ford Kuga currently in recall for the same thing: Ford Kuga PHEV Sales Stopped After Overheating Batteries Cause Fires

Kia/Hyundai as well.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,227 Posts
Always one that has to rain on my parade. I'm stood at the office window waiting to sign autographs on outdated Evoque PHEV brochures to the crowds that will soon be massing.......surely?
Perhaps they'll take off and you'll be able to claim you were an early part of their success!

·
Registered
BMW M4 Competition & BMW 730 M-Sport
982 Posts
Mmmmm....!

Land Rover now says the lowest emitting model records 44 g/km and has an electric range of 43 km (27 miles), compared to 66 km previously. The automaker declined to say which model reaches those levels.

The company said it aims to improve those figures in future versions.

“Work is ongoing, as the business emerges from the COVID-19 pandemic, to deliver the extended electric range and lower CO2 figures,” Land Rover said, adding that the two SUVs “remain among the segment leaders” on range and economy.
Orders are schedule to restart on Oct. 26, the company said.

The sales halt is a blow to parent Jaguar Land Rover, which was counting on the SUVs to help push the automaker’s fleet CO2 below the limit it needs to reach, which is 132 g/km, to avoid EU fines this year. The Evoque and Discovery Sport are JLR’s two best-selling models in Europe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m in the same boat, my car (HSE R DYNAMIC) has been on order since July and been told I won’t see it until November, also note if you ordered 20.5 model year late July/August then your car might be in a holding pool meaning they may have changed it to 21MY. I’m surprised that everyone is shocked by the change of emissions value. If you use the comcar website they car has been 10% from day one, so they knew something !!

·
Registered
982 Posts
If the above stacks up with an official line from my Dealership, then mine is getting cancelled. To drop that much electric range is not worth the money I’m spending on it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Kuga PHEV 'fire risk' puts Ford on track to miss EU CO2 emissions targets

I sense a connection between the forthcoming CO2 fines and a raft of stories about plug-in cars (in general) that are being pushed onto the market before they are fully tested and ready. JLR was quoted as blaming Covid-19. Any fool can see that the virus effect is not technical, it's commercial. Companies could go under if they don't start selling more cars soon.

If it waddles like a duck and quacks like a duck.....

·
Registered
982 Posts
Kuga PHEV 'fire risk' puts Ford on track to miss EU CO2 emissions targets

I sense a connection between the forthcoming CO2 fines and a raft of stories about plug-in cars (in general) that are being pushed onto the market before they are fully tested and ready. JLR was quoted as blaming Covid-19. Any fool can see that the virus effect is not technical, it's commercial. Companies could go under if they don't start selling more cars soon.

If it waddles like a duck and quacks like a duck.....
Maybe Covid really does impact Co2 and Battery Range? 😱

Don’t JLR test their cars at least a year ahead of launch? i.e pre Covid? 🥱🤣

Reactions: Dansam

·
Registered
235 Posts
Reactions: JRE

·
Registered
982 Posts
Further good news... I'm booked in to collect next week.
Please share your emissions and EV range the moment you drive it off the forecourt 👍

Reactions: JRE

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I think I might just be making a call to `JLR & seeing what they’ll give me against mine for one of these MY21 hybrids that everybody is cancelling 🤔 BIK doesn’t bother me 😁

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
I’m in the same boat, my car (HSE R DYNAMIC) has been on order since July and been told I won’t see it until November, also note if you ordered 20.5 model year late July/August then your car might be in a holding pool meaning they may have changed it to 21MY. I’m surprised that everyone is shocked by the change of emissions value. If you use the comcar website they car has been 10% from day one, so they knew something !!
I believe it was only the S and R Dynamic S spec that went from 6% to 10% which as of writing is still showing as 6% on Comcar.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
My plan is to give it a proper good drive, get some scenic photos and report back on consumption!

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,227 Posts
I think I might just be making a call to `JLR & seeing what they’ll give me against mine for one of these MY21 hybrids that everybody is cancelling 🤔 BIK doesn’t bother me 😁
Not a bad idea! (y)

I thought all these people drove Mondeos 🙄

·
Registered
982 Posts
Not a bad idea! (y)

I thought all these people drove Mondeos 🙄
You’re showing your age @HmmmUK...I don’t think Mondeos are still a thing? You need to get yourself outta knitting corner a bit more often as the world has moved on 😜🤣

·
Registered
982 Posts
BIK doesn’t bother me, but EV range does! I’ll sell you mine if you want 👍

It’s a 1.5ltr unproven engine with a CR2032 size battery...! 🤣🤣🤣

101 - 120 of 258 Posts