Evoque Owners Club banner
41 - 60 of 342 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
If this rumour is correct I will definitely be cancelling. I’m at the limit at what I was prepared my monthly tax liability to be.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
If this rumour is correct I will definitely be cancelling. I’m at the limit at what I was prepared my monthly tax liability to be.
Remind me what your order was Ryecade?

·
Registered
88 Posts
P300e S. I was quoted 33 WLTP because of the added weight of the sliding panaromic roof I specified . Standard WLTP is 32. I purposely didn’t spec bigger wheels to keep the figure down so will definitely cancel if I’m told my tax liability is going to be higher.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I believe that the S trim (both standard and R Dynamic) have gone from 6% to 10% BIK rate.

Give your dealer a call in the morning!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I believe that the S trim (both standard and R Dynamic) have gone from 6% to 10% BIK rate.

Give your dealer a call in the morning!
Oh dear, that’s not great. I’ll make enquiries. Thankyou. I knew the mystery of the lack p300e’s leaving the factory didn’t make sense .

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Fingers crossed for you. Post back here when you get an answer!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Fingers crossed for you. Post back here when you get an answer!
Will do. I rarely get a quick answer to queries ,as I have to ask my employer , who in turn asks the lease company , who then asks the dealer , who then ask the factory !

·
Registered
488 Posts
Will do. I rarely get a quick answer to queries ,as I have to ask my employer , who in turn asks the lease company , who then asks the dealer , who then ask the factory !
Just looked on the JLR site and it says that MY21 PHEV derivatives are not currently available to order. Please speak to your local retailer for further details.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just looked on the JLR site and it says that MY21 PHEV derivatives are not currently available to order. Please speak to your local retailer for further details.
Mmm.... that’s quite telling

Reactions: ukcommander

·
Registered
488 Posts
Oh I do hope this doesn’t delay my car any longer

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Their not allowed to sell a new petrol or diesel car after 2035, so they’d better hurry up 😀

Reactions: ukcommander and XZ4

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
..... I'm being given an estimate of around two weeks from build date to when "I'm in the car"
Changed days, when in 2012 it was half a year on the waiting list for a new Evoque. One of the reasons I bought a one year old second hand Evoque, to get it right away.

As for reliability, well the door locks have always been the achilles heel of the Evoque, with the electrical solenoid locks packing in, one of my back doors locked up and needed another lock under warranty.

Not sure how the new 'pop-out' recessed handle type door locks will be. Especially with icy conditions freezing them up. We wait and see :D

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
My rear near side door handle has stopped in on a couple of occasions. It even did it on hand over, but the salesman quickly re opened the car. I think he hoped I hadn’t seen it, but I did. I pointed it out, but it then opened every time he tried it and he made out I could have been mistaken, but I wasn’t. It’s done it twice since, but I suppose out of the number of times it’s been opened that’s a very low percentage.
The thing is as we all know, if you take your car in to get something sorted and they can’t get it to misbehave, they will just tell you they can’t fix a problem that’s not there. So unless it does eventually stay in permanently I can’t even point it out to them.

Reactions: rencar

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discovery Sport owner here: Spring 2020 I ordered a Disco Sport p300e. Told delivery in summer. Date starting slipping back week at a time. Then I was told mine had been built the last week in September and it would be with me in about a week. Weeks go by. Then this morning I'm told:

No p300e/PHEVs are being delivered and all are being stored local to the factory.

The reason: As some have speculated, it's due to emission regulations. (I assume this means the testing is still on-going and that this is a prerequisite to registering a vehicle in the UK.)

How long will deliveries be delayed? The franchise has not been told.

Frustrated? YES.

Thought those of you with an Evoque p300e on order might be interested.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm sure there will be a lot of interested readers on this one! I am being told the reason that P300e's are not getting delivered to dealers yet is to do with a problem with WLTP figures being incorrect and now being revised. This will also have implications for those acquiring the P300e as a company car due to some specification levels moving BIK bands.

That's all I've got at the moment.
Priceless! The whole reason I ordered the P300e S R-Dynamic rather than the SE R-Dynamic was to get the 6% BIK.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discovery Sport owner here: Spring 2020 I ordered a Disco Sport p300e. Told delivery in summer. Date starting slipping back week at a time. Then I was told mine had been built the last week in September and it would be with me in about a week. Weeks go by. Then this morning I'm told:

No p300e/PHEVs are being delivered and all are being stored local to the factory.

The reason: As some have speculated, it's due to emission regulations. (I assume this means the testing is still on-going and that this is a prerequisite to registering a vehicle in the UK.)

How long will deliveries be delayed? The franchise has not been told.

Frustrated? YES.

Thought those of you with an Evoque p300e on order might be interested.
Thanks for posting. So presumably the issue is not with CO2 emissions but the EV only range of the car? If it drops below 40 EV miles it will pick up the 10% BIK band. This is not good!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Priceless! The whole reason I ordered the P300e S R-Dynamic rather than the SE R-Dynamic was to get the 6% BIK.
Unfortunately my understanding is that the S R-Dynamic will move from 6% to 10%. I think they also do have the new emission figures. I've also been told they are revising the battery range down a fair amount also. Haven't got any specifics yet though.

My current car goes back VERY soon and may be left without a vehicle at this rate.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Oh joy.

Is yours a lease vehicle that can be extended?

I ordered back in June for September delivery and my current car was due back on 06/09. Fortunately the Evoque PHEV order is with the same lease company that I have my current Outlander PHEV with so they are just extending the lease until the new one arrives. So if the above does come to pass then I will pay out around £1200 more in tax based on a BIK of 10% over the original 6% BIK rate that was splashed across the motoring press back in April. No doubt there will be a clause somewhere that states that these figures were indicative and subject to final confirmation, blah, blah blah......

·
Registered
488 Posts
Oh joy.

Is yours a lease vehicle that can be extended?

I ordered back in June for September delivery and my current car was due back on 06/09. Fortunately the Evoque PHEV order is with the same lease company that I have my current Outlander PHEV with so they are just extending the lease until the new one arrives. So if the above does come to pass then I will pay out around £1200 more in tax based on a BIK of 10% over the original 6% BIK rate that was splashed across the motoring press back in April. No doubt there will be a clause somewhere that states that these figures were indicative and subject to final confirmation, blah, blah blah......
Hi All
just been in contact with dealer about CO2 and delivery and he says that all MY20.5 models are being held in the JLR compound until the emission ev issue is sorted.
my build date has been pushed to 08.01.21

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi All
just been in contact with dealer about CO2 and delivery and he says that all MY20.5 models are being held in the JLR compound until the emission ev issue is sorted.
my build date has been pushed to 08.01.21
Thanks for the update. On the up side, at least I get to drive a car that has a boot rather than a rear mounted glove box for a while longer. Handy for evacuating the student daughter from Uni at Christmas.....or has that been cancelled?

Reactions: ukcommander and JRE
41 - 60 of 342 Posts