Evoque Owners Club banner

321 - 340 of 342 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I thought she had your fridge that you originally ordered now she’s going for an autobiography!! That’s just greedy😆😆
My ‘old new out of date leaky fridge freezer figment of my imagination Evoque’ failed it’s PDI as the battery wouldn’t charge and it got sent back to JLR, and now she’s cancelled it at 10am this morning as there’s no way JLR will fix it and deliver it before Xmas.

She was going to give them by CoP today to redeem themselves, but she’s less forgiving than me and sent them a superbly scripted ‘you’re shite’ email this morning 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
12,399 Posts
What a woman- less forgiving than you UKC? Is she a she devil then?
send her over this way, got some locals need terrorising!

Reactions: ukcommander

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
What a woman- less forgiving than you UKC? Is she a she devil then?
send her over this way, got some locals need terrorising!
Yeah, she’s like me and has zero tolerance of idiots, snowflakes, poor customer service, people who wear sandals and dog shite on the pavement...yet she’s the nicest and most caring person ever...she’s worse than the devil...she’s a full-blown smiling assassin! 😬

Reactions: Maffy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Okay, I got my Disco Sport p300e on Friday afternoon (30th Oct 2020).

Very quick review: Visually it looks good. No faults found thus far. Very quiet to drive. (And Evoque reviews say they are quieter still.) Often I have no idea if it's the electric motor or the petrol engine (without looking at the dashboard) - that's under normal acceleration & at speeds under 40 mph. I've had a few runs on EV only. Range? Just over 30 miles. Perhaps 31 or 32 max. (And Evoque's should do a few miles more.) Charges in under two hours via proper home charging box. On rural (twisty/up & down) rides of about 50 miles I get well over 125 mpg (perhaps around 150), but obviously the battery is nearly empty at the end of the journey. Using just the petrol engine I got about 35 mpg on two journeys where I drove fast & aggressively. Charging it is not straightforward as the manual is pretty poor and (at the moment) LR franchise staff have never seen one so are no use. I've twice tried to time the charging for the early hours (as we have a reduced electricity tariff then). Both times failed - once it just immediately charged and the other time it didn't charge at all. I get the impression the car EV/charging software is Beta and I'm testing it for LR! I'm guessing there will be updates this autumn that will sort it. Oh and my infotainment system is the old one as I expected - the Pivi Pro (or whatever it's called) will be in 2021 models.

Overall: I'm pleased with it and glad we bought it. I think it will enable me to do my commuting/school run/shopping trips entirely on battery, The family love it too.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,365 Posts
Okay, I got my Disco Sport p300e on Friday afternoon (30th Oct 2020).

Very quick review: Visually it looks good. No faults found thus far. Very quiet to drive. (And Evoque reviews say they are quieter still.) Often I have no idea if it's the electric motor or the petrol engine (without looking at the dashboard) - that's under normal acceleration & at speeds under 40 mph. I've had a few runs on EV only. Range? Just over 30 miles. Perhaps 31 or 32 max. (And Evoque's should do a few miles more.) Charges in under two hours via proper home charging box. On rural (twisty/up & down) rides of about 50 miles I get well over 125 mpg (perhaps around 150), but obviously the battery is nearly empty at the end of the journey. Using just the petrol engine I got about 35 mpg on two journeys where I drove fast & aggressively. Charging it is not straightforward as the manual is pretty poor and (at the moment) LR franchise staff have never seen one so are no use. I've twice tried to time the charging for the early hours (as we have a reduced electricity tariff then). Both times failed - once it just immediately charged and the other time it didn't charge at all. I get the impression the car EV/charging software is Beta and I'm testing it for LR! I'm guessing there will be updates this autumn that will sort it. Oh and my infotainment system is the old one as I expected - the Pivi Pro (or whatever it's called) will be in 2021 models.

Overall: I'm pleased with it and glad we bought it. I think it will enable me to do my commuting/school run/shopping trips entirely on battery, The family love it too.
Thanks for the update - all interesting stuff.
As you say, 'early adopters' are testing things for LR. And also brave in my eyes!

·
Registered
68 Posts
My ‘old new out of date leaky fridge freezer figment of my imagination Evoque’ failed it’s PDI as the battery wouldn’t charge and it got sent back to JLR, and now she’s cancelled it at 10am this morning as there’s no way JLR will fix it and deliver it before Xmas.

She was going to give them by CoP today to redeem themselves, but she’s less forgiving than me and sent them a superbly scripted ‘you’re shite’ email this morning 🤣🤣🤣
Bit of an update from me. The fun is just beginning it would seem. On the 15th of October I queried with the lease company my employer uses about the fact that I’d heard that the BIK on my S P300e was increasing from the quoted 6% to 10% . I’ve since chased them several times and had no reply. Today I’ve had the dealer in Hatfield ( I’m in Sheffield ) wanted to arranged getting the car shipped up to me next week . I’ve called the lease company just now asking if they have an answer to my question, and they say they have nothing on file from Land Rover notifying them of what I am telling them ! As far as they are concerned the 6% BIK stands and what I’ve read on here is nonsense ! I’ve told them to go back to Land Rover and ask , and that I’m not taking delivery till they get clarification .

·
Registered
36 Posts
Interesting. I took delivery of mine yesterday via my lease company and all their paperwork still mentions 33gkm for CO2.
I have informed HMRC of my change of vehicle and declared it as 44gkm with a 34 mile EV range - can't deny HMRC their cut!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Interesting. I took delivery of mine yesterday via my lease company and all their paperwork still mentions 33gkm for CO2.
I have informed HMRC of my change of vehicle and declared it as 44gkm with a 34 mile EV range - can't deny HMRC their cut!
It’s very poor that Land Rover aren’t passing the news on to their lease company customers. Ultimately it will be a shock for some company car drivers who aren’t privy to the knowledge we get on this site.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It’s very poor that Land Rover aren’t passing the news on to their lease company customers. Ultimately it will be a shock for some company car drivers who aren’t privy to the knowledge we get on this site.
Yep! The daft thing is my lease company sent me through a copy of the JLR bulletin telling lease companies about the issues with CO2 levels and EV range that was dated 12/10/2020 - so they did know about it, just haven't updated the paperwork.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Yep! The daft thing is my lease company sent me through a copy of the JLR bulletin telling lease companies about the issues with CO2 levels and EV range that was dated 12/10/2020 - so they did know about it, just haven't updated the paperwork.
Simply it’s the stupidity of the manufacturer and the stupidity of the dealerships that ruins the customer experience. You can’t educate the stupid unfortunately.

I sent my bulletin to our company lease provider who hadn’t seen the bulletin either...and they're a big national lease company! The JLR comms team need sacking!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Simply it’s the stupidity of the manufacturer and the stupidity of the dealerships that ruins the customer experience. You can’t educate the stupid unfortunately.

I sent my bulletin to our company lease provider who hadn’t seen the bulletin either...and they're a big national lease company! The JLR comms team need sacking!
Talking to the lease company today and they thought I was a crackpot ! I’m telling them that my BIK will be going up ! They still have the figures from June and JLR haven’t told them what I’m telling them ! I’ve emailed them the bulletin from this forum and left them talking to JLR . The scary thing is I can’t be the only person who has ordered an evoque p300e from them. I just can’t comprehend the incompetence.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am in lease car limbo....Land Rover are unable to confirm the exact emmissions to the lease company so the lease company can’t inform my fleet team and then inform me of the BIK. meanwhile I’m stuck without a car I ordered back in June.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am in lease car limbo....Land Rover are unable to confirm the exact emmissions to the lease company so the lease company can’t inform my fleet team and then inform me of the BIK. meanwhile I’m stuck without a car I ordered back in June.
What a ridiculous situation.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I’m aware of 3 of our company car users have each cancelled their P300e orders and gone for Tesla’s and BMW X30e’s between them due to the 6% to 10% BIK change, EV range change and continued delays. They all ordered early Aug before the newer model was announced. Apparently, one ‘Long Range Tesla 3’ was ordered early last week with a delivery planned end of next week! That’s 3 weeks from order to delivery! Also, BMW have a good stock of standard & high spec MSport X30e’s in the UK too! So why can’t JLR find their own backside in all this?

·
Registered
318 Posts
I wish I knew UKC

·
Registered
68 Posts
I’m aware of 3 of our company car users have each cancelled their P300e orders and gone for Tesla’s and BMW X30e’s between them due to the 6% to 10% BIK change, EV range change and continued delays. They all ordered early Aug before the newer model was announced. Apparently, one ‘Long Range Tesla 3’ was ordered early last week with a delivery planned end of next week! That’s 3 weeks from order to delivery! Also, BMW have a good stock of standard & high spec MSport X30e’s in the UK too! So why can’t JLR find their own backside in all this?
Just got off the phone to the lease company . JLR and the lease company don’t want to lose the order so have a agreed to take a hit on other aspects of the monthly payment so my overall agreed outgoing doesn’t go up due to the BIK increase that I can’t avoid . Thats the result I wanted - only took a month of emails and calls to sort..... probably because the car is sat at the dealer , has been PDI’d and they want it gone. Delivery this Friday.

·
Registered
Evoque P300e R-Dynamic HSE
11 Posts
The reality is the BIK should probably be 12%. The Max EV range on my R Dynamic HSE is now only 29 miles when fully charged having only had it for 3 weeks although officially its 34 miles on the paperwork so 10% BIK still stands which is something I guess. Real world range is only about two thirds of that so bit of a disaster on the EV side really and makes me wonder what happened that they got it so wrong?

·
Registered
36 Posts
The reality is the BIK should probably be 12%. The Max EV range on my R Dynamic HSE is now only 29 miles when fully charged having only had it for 3 weeks although officially its 34 miles on the paperwork so 10% BIK still stands which is something I guess. Real world range is only about two thirds of that so bit of a disaster on the EV side really and makes me wonder what happened that they got it so wrong?
Hi

The 29 miles figure you mention, is that shown by the car and remote app? If so, that will fluctuate depending on the outside air temperature. So in the middle of June it might show 34!

·
Registered
Evoque P300e R-Dynamic HSE
11 Posts
Hi

The 29 miles figure you mention, is that shown by the car and remote app? If so, that will fluctuate depending on the outside air temperature. So in the middle of June it might show 34!
Yeah clearly Im not done mourning the loss of those initial 41 miles (every remaining EV mile is precious). Appreciate its November its been really mild here in London so far this year so wasn't expecting to drop so much but thanks for confirming the computer does adjust the range Tristar. Looks like I'll be lucky to get to the end of the road in EV come January...

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Yeah clearly Im not done mourning the loss of those initial 41 miles (every remaining EV mile is precious). Appreciate its November its been really mild here in London so far this year so wasn't expecting to drop so much but thanks for confirming the computer does adjust the range Tristar. Looks like I'll be lucky to get to the end of the road in EV come January...
I live in the North East and its a little bit chilly here, our BMW i3 range has dropped 2 miles from its total range since it was last charged on Sunday evening according to the app and the car itself. Freezing temps will knock a few more miles off it though (c. 5miles).

321 - 340 of 342 Posts