Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I was wondering if some of you could share your recent experiences of the amount of time between build date and delivery to dealer? I'm being given an estimate of around two weeks from build date to when "I'm in the car" - although they are hoping it will be sooner!

What has been people's real life experience of this?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Seems about right.
After the build date and then a bit of fannying around with quality control and then arranging for a transporter it can add a couple of days.
Then add in any delays of the sales people not chasing it and calling it forward for delivery to the dealership.
Then the dealer getting their act together and doing the PDI it can take up to a couple of weeks.
Add in distance from the factory etc etc which can add time.
Best scenario is normally about a week to 10 days from build if everything goes quickly and smoothly.
They often give a worse case scenario so it may be sooner.

·
Registered
BMW M4 Competition & BMW 730 M-Sport
982 Posts
Hi all,

I was wondering if some of you could share your recent experiences of the amount of time between build date and delivery to dealer? I'm being given an estimate of around two weeks from build date to when "I'm in the car" - although they are hoping it will be sooner!

What has been people's real life experience of this?
Hopefully, you’re looking for one with an engine only because if you’re looking for a PHEV then the dates are all over the shop at the moment 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hopefully, you’re looking for one with an engine only because if you’re looking for a PHEV then the dates are all over the shop at the moment 🤷‍♂️
Looking forward to my obligatory vague fortnightly delivery update in the morning 😂

·
Registered
982 Posts
Looking forward to my obligatory vague fortnightly delivery update in the morning 😂
Have JLR nor issued you with their standard issue JLR crystal delivery date ball yet? 😂😂😂

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is actually the P300e (HSE R Dynamic) - from the start the date given has been very stable and hasn't slipped. I checked with the dealer this week to see whether it had slipped as I'd seen a few other fellow P300e-ers mention they'd seen movement on dates. So as far as I'm currently concerned we are still on track for back end of September/early Oct (dependent on whether it takes the full two weeks to get to dealer)! Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just had my fortnightly build update. From the date of order on the 23rd of July , I’ve consistently been told my car will be built mid October. I never thought that was realistic based on the experience shared by others on here . Surprise surprise, I’ve now been told early November .

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting to hear yours has now been pushed back. As of my update yesterday mine is still at it's original estimate so fingers crossed. I've now asked for weekly updates.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Interesting to hear yours has now been pushed back. As of my update yesterday mine is still at it's original estimate so fingers crossed. I've now asked for weekly updates.
That’s good news, albeit strange that yours is on track and others are slipping. 🤞

·
Registered
982 Posts
Wow @Imers ....was it a P300e Hybrid?

·
Registered
982 Posts
No need to apologise, plus that was a good quick turnaround 👍

Welcome btw ✊

·
Registered
235 Posts
No need to apologise, plus that was a good quick turnaround 👍

Welcome btw ✊
You sticking with the P300e in white then UKC or are you going for the defender

·
Registered
235 Posts
Ordered mine in August. Got it yesterday
Don’t forget to post some photos and a full description please

welcome to the madhouse

·
Registered
982 Posts
You sticking with the P300e in white then UKC or are you going for the defender
Yeah, I’m sticking with it @Dansam

Ive agreed with the wife that if its crap she can have it as her winter drive and I’ll order something else. Hopefully it’ll be great and it will remain mine.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yeah, I’m sticking with it @Dansam

Ive agreed with the wife that if its crap she can have it as her winter drive and I’ll order something else. Hopefully it’ll be great and it will remain mine.
I’m sure you’ll be happy with it. Yours is now due before mine I think.. looking forward to reading your in depth reviews UKC. I’m waiting to hear from my dealer as to when the HSE I originally ordered arrives in Cardiff. It due anytime now

Reactions: ukcommander

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thought I'd share an update I've received from the dealer regarding delivery of my P300e.

My car was built about a week ago but it hasn't moved from that stage on the system, which apparently is very unusual and there is no information to explain why. It seems this not only affects my car but also all Evoque P300e's that the dealer has on order currently (including demo vehicles). Estimated date to dealer has moved back a week but as to why.. we don't know!

Interestingly this information seems to match what someone else on a Disco Sport forum regarding their hybrid order.

I'd be interested to hear if the other P300e-ers on this forum have heard anything similar!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thought I'd share an update I've received from the dealer regarding delivery of my P300e.

My car was built about a week ago but it hasn't moved from that stage on the system, which apparently is very unusual and there is no information to explain why. It seems this not only affects my car but also all Evoque P300e's that the dealer has on order currently (including demo vehicles). Estimated date to dealer has moved back a week but as to why.. we don't know!

Interestingly this information seems to match what someone else on a Disco Sport forum regarding their hybrid order.

I'd be interested to hear if the other P300e-ers on this forum have heard anything similar!
That’s really interesting thanks. My p300e is due 1st week in November - but I’ve not had an update since the 26th of August. I ordered mine 23rd of July .... out of interest when do you place your order ?

1 - 20 of 256 Posts