Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

ive just got my new 2020 Evoque this week and was playing with the built in browser.

is there any way to play videos on the browser? I’ve tried various websites and none worked, BBC, Youtube etc..

i have carplay on mine but no hdmi connection...

1. is there a hardware out there I need to buy?
2. Or is there a website I can go on the built in browser to use a virtual flash browser in order to play those videos/web pages?
3. Or is there even a way I can mirror my iPhone screen without jailbreaking it?

any help is appreciated (y):)
thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There must be a way to watch videos on the infotainment system?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
The only times I have heard this being tried is with the HDMI but that no longer exists.
I did hear of people trying an Amazon fire stick connected by a USB but I don't think that works either.
Even if you did manage to get it displaying on the car's screen as soon as you moved off it would stop working as it's illegal.
Easiest thing most people do is use your phone to watch stuff whilst parked up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only times I have heard this being tried is with the HDMI but that no longer exists.
I did hear of people trying an Amazon fire stick connected by a USB but I don't think that works either.
Even if you did manage to get it displaying on the car's screen as soon as you moved off it would stop working as it's illegal.
Easiest thing most people do is use your phone to watch stuff whilst parked up.
Yeah when I ordered the car I thought I was getting the hdmi port and then I was surprised when it arrived.
I know about the driving off part but I was hoping to be able to watch videos whilst parked.
Think the only option is to jailbreak my iPhone and use carplay?
It would have been easier if there was a way to play flash videos (eg YouTube) through the OEM browser..

???

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,237 Posts
Doesn't the Evoque only give you 10 minutes before powering off though, unless you keep the engine running?
Doesn't seem worth it to me you might as well just use a phone/tablet if you watch a lot of video in the car :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doesn't the Evoque only give you 10 minutes before powering off though, unless you keep the engine running?
Doesn't seem worth it to me you might as well just use a phone/tablet if you watch a lot of video in the car :)
Yeah but it was for the odd occasion as I wait in the car to pick someone up or while the car warming up to watch a news or a random short video... I’m not talking about watching a whole movie. It just would be nice to have the option!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts