Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
MY20 P300e PHEV | Yulong White | SE R-Dynamic | Panoramic Roof | Driver Assist Pack
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
So, just discoved my newly ordered P300e comes equipped with Terrain Response, and NOT Terrain Response 2 😱...what a swizz!...it cost more than a traditional engined motor and they‘ve started taking bits off it and charging more already! 🤬

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,665 Posts
Same happened in late 2015 when the Dynamic mode was made an option on the Dynamic models. I only found out after I bought mine 😡

Reactions: ukcommander

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
On the plus side it will hopefully have a big fuel tank...... filling up daily is a nightmare 😘

Reactions: Maffy

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Same happened in late 2015 when the Dynamic mode was made an option on the Dynamic models. I only found out after I bought mine 😡
Should of read the manual.....dynamic mode is great fun...

·
Registered
MY20 P300e PHEV | Yulong White | SE R-Dynamic | Panoramic Roof | Driver Assist Pack
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The small print in the brochures and on the website are like the most complicated script ever....always read the small print I suppose! I couldn’t even spec Dynamic Mode on the P300e...it’s not even an option! It Does come with a bigger fuel tank and 4,000 AA rechargeable batteries tho 🤘

Reactions: Donna and XZ4

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
The small print in the brochures and on the website are like the most complicated script ever....always read the small print I suppose! I couldn’t even spec Dynamic Mode on the P300e...it’s not even an option! It Does come with a bigger fuel tank and 4,000 AA rechargeable batteries tho 🤘
Lol fill up every 3 days then 😜

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Update, order placed June 1st and has now been processed by LR. Delivery date of my P300e 1st Nov 2020 🙄

Reactions: Doink

·
Registered
11,277 Posts
Where are you in the UK, if not too far, try and find out if they still do the VIP day, thats where you go and see your car on the production line-amazing day.-Ring halewood.direct

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,665 Posts
Factory trips may be cancelled with all this Covid thing thats going on.

·
Registered
11,277 Posts
Thats a good point to be fair, but worth checking out as it is Oct/Nov-maybe get lucky.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Where are you in the UK, if not too far, try and find out if they still do the VIP day, thats where you go and see your car on the production line-amazing day.-Ring halewood.direct
I’m in North Yorkshire, so not too far away. I had thought about the VIP trip but I’ve visited a number of car facilities over the years and I still can’t better the 2 weeks work experience I did at Aston Martin at their site in Newport Pagnell all those years ago...once you’ve experienced the best, it’s difficult to embrace anything else. Saying that, it would be good to see what goes into making a PHEV!

·
Registered
11,277 Posts
If they are still doing them it is kind of nice to see "your" car being born as such-as that is what your paying for, not just a actory visit and they allow you to attach something-
I joined mine on the production line as the interior, dah, wheels and various panels, doors etc are being fitted-you leave it complete as it goes off for PDI
all in all I found it a great day, as it is YOU and YOUR car-made it special.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I’ve just read the P300e can be driven in FWD only via the Petrol Engine, RWD only via the Battery and 4WD via both Mech&Elec combined...that’s kinda cool/quirky and the same as the BMW i8 #JustSaying.

Can anyone explain what the Belt-Integrated Starter Generator is? Does it provide any additional HP upon accelerator deployment to smooth out turbo lag?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Interesting Read: The Provoque Project!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

·
Registered
Evoque MY20 First Edition in Seoul Pearl Silver
1,738 Posts
Its the 48v hybrid battery that is used to start the car, hence no second battery under the bonnet, that saves regenerated electricity from braking and is used,to give a bit more push when pulling away to get over any turbo lag or when accelerating.... is my understanding!

·
Registered
Evoque MY20 First Edition in Seoul Pearl Silver
1,738 Posts
"The mild hybrid powertrain is a first for Land Rover and works by harvesting energy normally lost during deceleration thanks to the engine-mounted belt-integrated starter generator, storing it in the under-floor battery. At speeds below 17km/h (11mph), the engine will shut off while the driver applies the brakes. When pulling away, the stored energy is redeployed to assist the engine under acceleration and reduce fuel consumption. The result is a refined, quiet and efficient drive in built-up traffic heavy areas, in addition to efficiency savings. "

·
Registered
11,277 Posts
If its anything like my Merc Hybrid, you will love it, just watch that fuel level gauge stay still and the miles pass rapidly whilst enjoying great MPG
There are plenty of charging points about some are even free, don't sign up to too many but Pod-Point and Polar are very good and extensive.- download the spps and check them out.
There is a free pod point (7kw) at my local M & S and I always get a charge/boost when shopping-every free mile helps.-being Hybrid you will also enjoy exemtion from ALL london congestion charges along with the benfit if you drive abroad you can apply for a "Crit-air" sticker which allows you to drive and park in the centre of all European towns and cities.
Should be great

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Walk 7 Kms to M&S just for a free charge, tight or what? How many AA batteries in that car?

21 - 40 of 64 Posts