Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
MY20 P300e PHEV | Yulong White | SE R-Dynamic | Panoramic Roof | Driver Assist Pack
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 10 long years away I’m finally back buying a LR product.

I’ve taken the plunge and ordered a P300e SE R-Dynamic with glass roof, privacy glass and driver assist pack without even looking at one...I hope this works out as being a decent punt!

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
1,967 Posts
Welcome to the EOC!
Your new Evoque sounds great, what colour?
When does it arrive?

Wow I just noticed you joined in 2016 and this is your first post :unsure: :)

·
Registered
MY20 P300e PHEV | Yulong White | SE R-Dynamic | Panoramic Roof | Driver Assist Pack
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the EOC!
When does it arrive?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hahaha, I joined in 2016 just before I cancelled my order for an Evoque as I decided to go for a BMW X3 M-Sport....big big mistake that was!

I’ve gone for Yulong white and the stock silver 20” alloys...I have an M140i with black alloys and the cleaning OCD on those 4 rims keeps me busy most weekends 😂

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the EOC!
When does it arrive?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No delivery date as yet, they suggested Oct/Nov due to COVID delays as per expected.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hahaha, I joined in 2016 just before I cancelled my order for an Evoque as I decided to go for a BMW X3 M-Sport....big big mistake that was!

I’ve gone for Yulong white and the stock silver 20” alloys...I have an M140i with black alloys and the cleaning OCD on those 4 rims keeps me busy most weekends 😂
Welcome to the forum.
Would you like to share why X3 was a big mistake?

and M140i is a brilliant weapon!

I know someone who sold his Evoque and went for M140i and he has no regrets.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, the story goes...

2016 X3 2ltr D M-Sport LCI (brand new)..., 4 sat nav head units year 1...yep I said 4! 1 x air con control panel year 1, 4 tarnished alloy wheels replaced month 14! 2 x EGR vales by yr 2 and 1 EGR cooler end of year 2, oil breather pipe replacement yr 3, xDrive system constantly twitchy once any or all of the tyre treads became differing levels of depth, two new turbos, 1 in yer 2 and 1 late yr 3. Isofix mounting snapped inserting child seat and needed to be re-welded. GPS sensor in roof was back to front day one so the car was pointing the wrong way on the BMW app 😂 Leather seats began to lose their colour yr 2 (mocha brown 💩), drivers seat ‘creak’ never got properly fixed, door mirror cover often ‘pinged off’ when folding the mirrors back, elec tailgate often got stuck opening and or closing. XDrive system only ever good when driving in pavement dog poo or on a maximum of 3 banana skins around the back of the bin shed! just think, I used to drive a 4ltr Discovery and 5.7 Hemi JeepCommander before I went mad!....what was I thinking! 😱

The M140i is a weapon, we have two 1.5ltr 3 cyl 118i’s and a Mini and they’re also great fun...gotta love BMW for their rear wheel drive cars but they are just trying too hard being a serious 4x4 contender. I came to the conclusion the X3 was a 4 wheel drive MPV playing in the wrong space....and mine was built in the USA hence the shoddy build quality.

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
Hi and welcome look forward to the pics ...nice colour choice

·
Registered
248 Posts
So, the story goes...

2016 X3 2ltr D M-Sport LCI (brand new)..., 4 sat nav head units year 1...yep I said 4! 1 x air con control panel year 1, 4 tarnished alloy wheels replaced month 14! 2 x EGR vales by yr 2 and 1 EGR cooler end of year 2, oil breather pipe replacement yr 3, xDrive system constantly twitchy once any or all of the tyre treads became differing levels of depth, two new turbos, 1 in yer 2 and 1 late yr 3. Isofix mounting snapped inserting child seat and needed to be re-welded. GPS sensor in roof was back to front day one so the car was pointing the wrong way on the BMW app 😂 Leather seats began to lose their colour yr 2 (mocha brown 💩), drivers seat ‘creak’ never got properly fixed, door mirror cover often ‘pinged off’ when folding the mirrors back, elec tailgate often got stuck opening and or closing. XDrive system only ever good when driving in pavement dog poo or on a maximum of 3 banana skins around the back of the bin shed! just think, I used to drive a 4ltr Discovery and 5.7 Hemi JeepCommander before I went mad!....what was I thinking! 😱

The M140i is a weapon, we have two 1.5ltr 3 cyl 118i’s and a Mini and they’re also great fun...gotta love BMW for their rear wheel drive cars but they are just trying too hard being a serious 4x4 contender. I came to the conclusion the X3 was a 4 wheel drive MPV playing in the wrong space....and mine was built in the USA hence the shoddy build quality.
Wow, what a mess?

I have had at least six different BMWs including X3 LCI. My family friends have 4 different cars and not a single one had anything like this.
Interestingly, they are all made in German. Didn't know that made is USA is being delivered to UK??? :unsure:

Could that be the issue?

M140i... love that car.

All the best with evoque venture!

Reactions: ukcommander

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,631 Posts
As far as I'm aware all the BMW X models are manufactured in Carolina in the USA. Not Germany.

·
Registered
11,190 Posts
Might be true now but wasn't the origonal X1 made somewhere like Bosnia with old ploughs for wings or something?

Reactions: ukcommander

·
Registered
248 Posts
As far as I'm aware all the BMW X models are manufactured in Carolina in the USA. Not Germany.
Interesting.

Maybe we need more evidence to support that statement (as in research world, they says its a bold statement ;))

Asking professor google
'The X3 will be made at the Spartanburg plant, mostly. Due to its worldwide popularity, it will also be produced in China and South Africa.' New article from 2017.

And

'Today, BMW manufactures the entire X Series here in the states.'

I thought that they referred to models supplied in the USA only. Interesting to hear that USA factories are supplying other countries.

Interesting fact shared by XZ4!

I have done a quick search on our previous X1 and X3 and VIN decoder did not provide the info on the country of manufacture.

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hi and welcome look forward to the pics ...nice colour choice
Welcome back Donna, some lads have surely missed you (if you check my thread, they keep referring to you ;) )

·
Registered
11,190 Posts
WE have only missed her because she makes us look intelligent!!!

Reactions: Veteran

·
Registered
696 Posts
As regards the 3 cylinder being some BMW engine.......it's not.
The Ingenium series is modular enabling variants including the new straight six in the Range Rover as well as the ickle 3 cylinder.
Plus why would JLR knock out a couple of billion building an engine plant then buy in BMW motors?
Quote from an article in April this year:
"Designed, engineered and manufactured in-house, the modular, scaleable and flexible architecture of our Ingenium family has allowed us to create a pioneering, three-cylinder plug-in hybrid system, giving our customers more choice than ever before. The 200PS engine, combined with an 80kW electric motor on the rear axle, gives fantastic all-wheel drive capability and the perfect blend of performance, depending on your driving style."
Full blurb here:

JAGUAR LAND ROVER EXPANDS ELECTRIFIED LINE-UP WITH THREE-CYLINDER PLUG-IN HYBRID | JLR Media Newsroom

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,631 Posts
I heard a few years ago that the X models were made in the USA as that was their biggest market. 70% made in the USA were for export.

@makkan00 - one of the letters in the Vin number denotes country of manufacture. Sorry, I cant remember which one though or which letter denotes which country. I'll let you do the research ;)

Reactions: makkan00

·
Registered
11,190 Posts
Is it the "V" the "I" or the "N" ?

Reactions: Doogi and XZ4

·
Registered
248 Posts
I heard a few years ago that the X models were made in the USA as that was their biggest market. 70% made in the USA were for export.

@makkan00 - one of the letters in the Vin number denotes country of manufacture. Sorry, I cant remember which one though or which letter denotes which country. I'll let you do the research ;)
Blurb:

The first group of three numbers and letters in a VIN make up the world manufacturer identifier (WMI).

• In this group, the first digit or letter identifies the country of origin. For example, cars made in the U.S. start with 1, 4 or 5. Canada is 2, and Mexico is 3. Japan is J, South Korea is K, England is S, Germany is W, and Sweden or Finland is Y.
  • The second element in this group tells you about the manufacturer. In some cases, it's the letter that begins the manufacturer's name. For example, A is for Audi, B is for BMW, G is for General Motors, L is for Lincoln, and N is for Nissan. But that "A" can also stand for Jaguar or Mitsubishi, and an "R" can also mean Audi. It may sound confusing, but the next digit ties it all together.
  • The third digit, when combined with the first two letters or numbers, indicates the vehicle's type or manufacturing division. This Wikipedia page has a list of WMI codes.
Safe to say that both of our BMW x range were made in Germany. Perhaps a reason that no issues (y)

Reactions: XZ4
1 - 20 of 64 Posts