Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So picked up my new car on the 1st. March
I have to say I am very impressed and I love it.
Very good to drive, very comfortable and looks great too.

However, the new car experience has been slightly tainted by the fact that the car has 2 very large ( 30 cm square ) paint defects on the passenger side.
The Dealer did not pick up on them on pre delivery inspection.
They are sorting no problem with a MOP and full detail but it was a little disappointing.

Then today I checked the tyre pressures and they were all at 51 psi when they are meant to be 38 / 37 this really surprised me as they are way off .

Also Carplay can be a bit glitchy at times but it seems to sort itself out pretty quickly.

I have never had a brand new car before and I am probably being picky but I would have expected these details to be sorted before I got the car.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I know that when I went to check on my car a few days before the Sunday pick up I noticed a few transit residue marks on the paint including a large square “patch” on the drivers door where they had just removed a delivery sticker. could It have been this rather than a defect?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I know that when I went to check on my car a few days before the Sunday pick up I noticed a few transit residue marks on the paint including a large square “patch” on the drivers door where they had just removed a delivery sticker. could It have been this rather than a defect?
There was a similar square parch on mine in the same place on the drivers door but I had specifically asked for mine not to be prepped on the outside so no wash or polish as it was going straight to the detailer To be fair the dealer said if the detailerfound any paint faults to record them and they would sort them.

I think you should be going back if you have concerns

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Hi Jam911,
No you are NOT being picky, you HAVE spent a lot of money & you want it 100% right ASAP. You may want to keep a good record (photo's & conversations etc.) Just in case the dealer is a bit recalcitrant or reluctant to sort it out. You should also have loan vehicle when yours is in for repair. If they can't get it right reject it & get either a replacement or a full refund plus any cost's you have incurred.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I think that is what they are

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update.
Car in to dealer today.
The local detailer was worried about touching the paintwork as the car is 2 weeks old.
So he didn't.
Going to a proper bodyshop to get mop'd.
Have a Velar until Tuesday.
Not bad, drives like a much heavier car and I guess that's because it is.
Like my Evoque more but one thing... the headrests are excellent and I want them, they are very soft like a RR Autobiography.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Take them out before you take it back. Sounds like your dealer probably won’t notice 🤔🤣

·
Registered
567 Posts
Update.
Car in to dealer today.
The local detailer was worried about touching the paintwork as the car is 2 weeks old.
So he didn't.
Going to a proper bodyshop to get mop'd.
Have a Velar until Tuesday.
Not bad, drives like a much heavier car and I guess that's because it is.
Like my Evoque more but one thing... the headrests are excellent and I want them, they are very soft like a RR Autobiography.
Good Morning Jam911,

Thank you for your post, and the update you have provided.

Should you require any further assistance with your concerns then please do not hesitate to contact me via PM and I would be more than happy to help.

Many Thanks

Dan - Land Rover UK

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Shoddy, Shoddy, Shoddy, that is the way LR are going-all self induced.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good Morning Jam911,

Thank you for your post, and the update you have provided.

Should you require any further assistance with your concerns then please do not hesitate to contact me via PM and I would be more than happy to help.

Many Thanks

Dan - Land Rover UK
Thank you . Got the car back yesterday and all is well.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Hope it stays that way-now enjoy your car.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Shoddy service. It should not be this way, one day they will learn (possibly) :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Correct, simple attention to detail is what is required. but as I have said before, they get compacient because the cars generally sell themselves-but people will simply look fully at alternatives -there are plenty good honest, well engineered cars out there.

·
Registered
64 Posts
There is a lot of moaning on here about JLR and how German cars are better. I beg to differ.

The most unreliable car I have ever owned is my VW Phaeton. It was supposed to be VWs best engineered car. I love it but it is constantly going wrong. The dealer often doesn't have a clue and are hugely expensive.

The two parts of my evoque that have both caused me worry recently are German made - the door lock mechanism and the steering rack.

All cars are man-made. All cars go wrong.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts