Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've just had our brake calipers painted in Firenze to match the bodywork. £120 for the lot professionally done, which is pretty cheap really! Some before and after photos - will do again in the daylight I think. Happy with the results anyway!
Front Before:

Front After:

Others:

Edited by: Methane_Boy

·
Registered
97 Posts
Superb! Love it!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Very smart and really looks as it should.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Did they remove them and spray paint or just use a brush? Looks very good and seems a good price if they removed them

·
Registered
1 Posts
How much did wheels cost you? I have same colour car and had my wheels finished in matte black for £200. wanted the calipers done red... Initially dealer said it was fine but then said couldn't find the right colour to match! Ended up just leaving the brakes but nonetheless wheels look the part!

·
Registered
219 Posts
sorry but i dont like it. I once spent hours painting my calipers on my vx220, as soon as i had finished and the wheels were back on I realised it looked crap, the next day and another couple of hours with some nitromors it was gone.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ed 209, each to their own I suppose, and with this car there are so many opportunities to stamp them with our own style!
Once I spent hours doing them on my old Lotus Elan and they look (still look) amazing. Wouldn't do the ones on my Sport though as I think they'd look silly (IMHO).

·
Registered
125 Posts
Had the calipers done on my red TT when I had it and the end result was amazing so have thought about going for this when I eventually get the car! Would the dealer do this or do I take it elsewhere? Don't seem to have much faith in my dealer TBH.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I was told by Liam in JLR Customer Services (Mike's predecessor) that the callipers wouldn't be covered for defects if they had been painted, as any defects wouldn't be visible, so didn't get mine done.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We had ours done at the Dealer's recommended bodyshop and although we've had no problems with the calipers, the paint has had to be redone and this time I got my regular mobile repairs guy to do a good job! To be honest, if you have a few spare hours one afternoon and can be without the car for 24 hours whilst the paint goes off, you could always do it yourself...

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Still enjoying your car Methane_Boy? was always very impressed with your child seat set up did you ever fill the baby seat
Edited by: Evogirl

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
Nev might like these pics.

My other town runabout.

Pretty **** quick car.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
It's black

·